Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service brake assist/Service ESP/ABS light/Traction control light after 'burnout'

Speed Dealer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 ute
EDIT: SORTED! Put the car on ramps and wiggled all the wiring loom connections to the rear wheels. All messages have now dissapeared. What a joke.

Never had a RWD car before and my mate has a skidpan on his property so I thought I'd try my first 'burnout'. Automatic SV6, turned off traction control and put my foot on the brake. Then accelerated. As soon as the tyres started smoking I let off. Would have lasted possibly 3 seconds.

Straight after, 'Service Brake Assist' and 'Service ESP' came up on the dash, as well as the ABS light and Traction Control Light. Park assist has also become unavailable.

Car only has 16,000km on it.

AIAZhGT.png

Ym4BiEp.png

Last edited:

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Most modern vehicles are designed (with extensive electronics) to prevent such abuse and resultant damage(s) - probably also warranty claims.

Speed Dealer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 ute
I'd never done a burnout before and thought I'd try it. Not gonna do it again in this ute if it takes less than 3 seconds to cause a loose electrical connection.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Push traction control once disables TC push a second time holding down for a few seconds takes esp off, if you want to enable it all again push it again

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Its also quite common to have these warnings come up on ve's When dyno tuning (Or doing big burn outs).
I think you'll find that it wasn't a loose electrical system that caused the faults.

The faults appear because the rear wheels are spinning but the front are not, the 'smart' car thinks something is wrong and disables said features.
after a little while it resets itself and everything go's back to normal.

hlucin8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportwagon
My 1999 TH magna used to do the same thing. rip the handbrake on and do a FWD burnout and the abs system would freak out because the wheels were moving at radically different speeds