Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Service ESP

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Can you pls tell me how to do that?
Previously my car was at different Holden dealership for 12 days
After they returned the car the problem came back after 3 months
They said they just realigned the wiring and removed the carbon from all electrical points
Am waiting to get that vapourizer done
After that if the problem still persists
I ll be clueless
I don’t think there is any service procedure where a mechanic would “realign the wiring” or “remove carbon from all electrical points”.

In modern vehicles, all wiring is held in place by clips at regular intervals along the loom so nothing should need to be “realigned”. Nothing unless the car has been in a crash and the body shop didn’t put things back appropriately during the crash repair. If it had been in a crash and you started to have issues after the repair, the I’d go back to your insurance company as many insurance repairs have a lifetime warranty. If so, it should then become your insurance companies issue to fix, either by repair or writing off the vehicle.

Also, to have any carbon on any electrical pins would imply arcing which is a rather abnormal situation to see in a car, under any normal situations, so again this is rather odd.

Possibly, it’s just that this specific dealer had no idea how to fault find your issue and probably didn’t do much constructive fault finding during the 12 days they had it. Likely after 12 days they gave you a waffely answer to fob you off.

It could also be that the install of any taxi meter and video system, which is a requirement on normal taxis, may have been done poorly and caused some damage to the wiring which has resulted in a rather difficult intermittant fault. Possibly all done in their hast to do the quickest job at the cheapness price only to bite the owner some time later.

Yes, it’s all speculation on my part really o_O

When you do talk to Holden Customer Care, you need to have a consistent story about the vehicle, it’s repair and service history, when the fault first occured and what each Holden dealer has tried to do to repair the car, how long they had the car and what they charged for the repair. Be polite but firm with HCC as this situation you are in is quite unacceptable.

It’s Holden design and their dealer network must know how to service and fault find the vehicle and correct any issue in a reasonable time frame. Anything less is simply poor service network, poor training, poor vehicle design or a combination of all these.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Sounds like he needs a "Turbo Encabulator"

Imranallys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN2 2014
I don’t think there is any service procedure where a mechanic would “realign the wiring” or “remove carbon from all electrical points”.

In modern vehicles, all wiring is held in place by clips at regular intervals along the loom so nothing should need to be “realigned”. Nothing unless the car has been in a crash and the body shop didn’t put things back appropriately during the crash repair. If it had been in a crash and you started to have issues after the repair, the I’d go back to your insurance company as many insurance repairs have a lifetime warranty. If so, it should then become your insurance companies issue to fix, either by repair or writing off the vehicle.

Also, to have any carbon on any electrical pins would imply arcing which is a rather abnormal situation to see in a car, under any normal situations, so again this is rather odd.

Possibly, it’s just that this specific dealer had no idea how to fault find your issue and probably didn’t do much constructive fault finding during the 12 days they had it. Likely after 12 days they gave you a waffely answer to fob you off.

It could also be that the install of any taxi meter and video system, which is a requirement on normal taxis, may have been done poorly and caused some damage to the wiring which has resulted in a rather difficult intermittant fault. Possibly all done in their hast to do the quickest job at the cheapness price only to bite the owner some time later.

Yes, it’s all speculation on my part really o_O

When you do talk to Holden Customer Care, you need to have a consistent story about the vehicle, it’s repair and service history, when the fault first occured and what each Holden dealer has tried to do to repair the car, how long they had the car and what they charged for the repair. Be polite but firm with HCC as this situation you are in is quite unacceptable.

It’s Holden design and their dealer network must know how to service and fault find the vehicle and correct any issue in a reasonable time frame. Anything less is simply poor service network, poor training, poor vehicle design or a combination of all these.
You are true as the car was under dealer warranty that time they kept my car for extended time for 12 days and it was Easter holidays going on and I was off duty,I kept my patience thinking that if they are keeping my car they will give me the result

They returned my car didn’t charged me any money said me realigned wiring and checked all the connectivities all seems fine and said me if they are connecting canbus(the device which connects the taxi meter to the odometer) the car starts to play up and gave back my car.
Even though my taxi companie’s installation manager spoke to them and explained them clearly they didn’t touched any internals all the work is done externally through different wiring which is fair I thought because they have done 1000’s of cars without any issues.

After I got back my car it ran fine for 3 months then again same problem came back
This time I took it to different mechanic(Apparently very experienced Almost 60 cars are done at his workshop everyday)
He said he has seen two or three caprices with the same issues and adviced them changing of ECU after doing proper research over 2 weeks

He also adviced me doing the same and Finally I was convinced that this was because of ECU and bought the brand new ECU from Holden and changed it

But again problem seems to be there.
My mechanic said me sometimes if u connect canbus to the odometer it might create an issue.So we removed the canbus and installed the Transuser which is like manual connection to read the odometer

Even after that the problem was still there so my mechanic said me only Holden can help you now
Now Holden said me after 2 visits to change Gas converter
Am waiting on that now

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Sounds like he needs a "Turbo Encabulator"

So when did Holden start to use the Chrysler Turbo Encabulator video's for its own dealer service training?

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
So when did Holden start to use the Chrysler Turbo Encabulator video's for its own dealer service training?

It was introduced in the mid 70s, I believe they still use it today.
Although it was introduced as a GM product back then. This is the only training film I could find that introduced the "Turbo Encabulator"
I hope that this gives some answers to your inquisitive mind.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Sounds to me you have an engine issue and ESP is disabled because of the engine issue which is normal. So ignored ESP ie trac/stability control as it will always disable when there's an engine issue.

Get the engine codes read and report back with a full list. Running rough and lacking power sounds like a misfire, most common cause of misfire on the 6.0 is fuel injector failure. Stop pouring water on the ECM, if it bypasses the connector seals you will fry another one.