Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Servicing Gas?

shane87vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP Calais
HAHA yeah That was the first thing I checked, I'ts always the little things ppl forget isn't it.

I got time today so I'll check the lines and see if any fuel is being fed through, but I'll have to wait for the weekend to drop the tank out if It's the pump.

Thanks for the help guys, I'll keep you posted on the progress.

P.S. car is running a hell of a lot better now after I serviced it :) Just need some Lifter fluid coz I think there a bit noisy :p

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
how long since it has run on petrol ??? last taxi i fixed hadnt run on petrol for two years and the only part of the fuel system we could reuse was the plastic tank after washing out the old stale fuel , everything from injectors to injector rail fuel lines , filters , petrol cap had to be replaced due to old fuel gone bad. cost something like $2000 parts and labour

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
you could basically remove the intank pump and power it up manually to see if it works.(take it out and leave it plugged in to see if it runs when ignitioni s on)

And if the pump is faulty and shorts out or causes a spark it could ignite the remaining fuel in the tank , these pumps should not be tested near the fuel tank or run dry as they can over spin and destroy themselves in the process ???

shane87vl

Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 VP Calais
Alright it looks like the intank pump. Pulled the fuel lines off at engine and before fuel filter and their bone dry, I can hear the pump running constantly not cutting out like it should so that leads me to believe the intank pump isn't bringing the fuel up to the hiflow pump.
Will have to put it up on stands on the weekend and test this intank unit. Have never done fuel pumps before so if anyone knows any good threads on the subject here on JC it would be much appriciated.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
check for power and earth at the intank connector first maybe a bad connection or an open circuit in the wiring , then move onto removing the fuel pump and bench test it away from the fuel tank .