Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

She is not sounding healthy

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I forgot to mention 20mmhg is the pump max.

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
That’s exactly how my car sounded, next thing you know the rod through and blew a hole through the block. $22k later I have my car back.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
That’s exactly how my car sounded, next thing you know the rod through and blew a hole through the block. $22k later I have my car back.
Hi Mate, did your car was sounding like the videos from the first post on this thread ?

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Hi Mate, did your car was sounding like the videos from the first post on this thread ?
So I started it up and it sounded like that, 5 secs later everything shut off. NRMA came out and that’s when I found out the rod had gone through the engine. Although it could be anything! Take my advice, don’t go hard at it until you figure it out, or else it’ll cost you an arm and a leg

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
So I started it up and it sounded like that, 5 secs later everything shut off. NRMA came out and that’s when I found out the rod had gone through the engine. Although it could be anything! Take my advice, don’t go hard at it until you figure it out, or else it’ll cost you an arm and a leg
Thanks for the heads up. The issue has been going on for a while and as troubleshooting step I stepped on it several times. I guess if it was the bottom end it would have gone by now.

I am hoping it was the exhaust valves having lots of build up on the seat area and no closing properly.

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
For those who remember the radiator fix. It is still holding strong.

20230506_000951.jpg