Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Show Or Go?

Build A Car For Show Or Go?

• Purley Show

Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Purely Go

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhere In Between

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
D

dumpd6

now thats what im talkin about troy. why have a car where your too scared to drive it an scratch it

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Don't get me wrong, I can and do appreciate nice show cars. But the absolute purebred show cars that have never driven a k in their life do nothing for me. Paint it whatever colour/s you like, throw in whatever sounds you want, tv screens the works I don't care! I like cars because they move - fast.

Mike

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i would have to say, i would like something that went hard, and looked like a big sleeping log. i lke the idea of the boy's in their rice burner's pulling up beside me, and i give them a gutfull in a dirty looking commie

D

dumpd6

yea my bro dragged off 1 hell sick looking wrx the other night his looks half like a sleeper but its onn its ass exhaust cut back to just b4 the diff sitting on cop rims an hubcaps

He sold his wheels couldn’t afford rubber for them 18”

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i would love to build a street machine, fit it out to the max and annihilate everything else on the road.

sadly the money it would take to do that is being used to save up for a home deposit instead. i love working on my car but the challenge is to keep it running smooth with minimum outlay.

btw, WRXs aren't very fast, they're not even restricted for P platers. the STi on the other hand..

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
ok here's the thing, i like the show cars, BUT... Correct me if im wrong, ( which i dont think i am) aren't comodores FAST anyway?, i dont mean 10 sec drag cars, but they do have punch, dont you agree? So that's why having your car look nice, and it being fairly fast as well is good for both worlds. But i still don't agree that cars should be done up just to be sat on a stand at car shows for people to gawk at and only be run on the dyno once in a while. They need to be driven man!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
somewhere in between for me.

go is good - but i can't have a car that looks like ****, it just seems wrong. its gotta be lowered with some rims at least.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
somewhere in between for me aswell

my ride is slowly coming together to get both parts done.

G

grover

ok,i'm on both sides of the fence.when i did up my ht monaro,it had a back to metal custom metallic blue paint job.didnt mind driving the guts out of it but didnt like parking it anywhere,just in case some ******** run a coin or something down the side,or just decided they would like to take it home.so when i did my lx torana up i spent all my cash on engine,driveline and wheels/rubber etc and give her a paintjob with 6 cans of flat black spray paint.didnt give a **** about the paint job{obviously} .

Kenaz

Reaction score
Somewhere in between for me too. I couldn't drive a **** looking car just because it goes hard. My VS should have the best of both worlds in a few years.

Ash