Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sloshing sound coming from fuel tank when stopping?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Just go deaf, a lot less worries then. ;)

I am deaf! And it causes worries.
Just gotta keep my ear to the ground for any niggling sounds, or trust the techie to find out what that mysterious ticking noise is. He did: it was spare change in the console box.

Sloshing in the fuel tank so was a thing in the VZ too. Fill 'er up to the first click-off and refill at 3/4 empty.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
had no idea this was a thing, get a louder exhaust :D

BottFodder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega II
Once had a car where the rear door water drains were blocked. Distinct sloshing sounds from the driver's side rear. 10-second fix.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Only at certain level in the tank. Usually disappears very quickly in a V8
But you have to re fill it again. I'm lucky, I'm partly deaf and I keep the tank full most of the time to stop this.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi guys, I’ve noticed a weird issue with my 2014 SV6 VF, whenever I go to stop or drive slow I can hear a sloshing sound coming from my fuel tank/ rear of my car. It’s on and off, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t, I’m really confused to what it is as it hasn’t happened in any other car I’ve owned. Is it just my fuel or is there a bigger problem?
Your past the test because you must have very good hearing to hear the issue.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive wagon, VE wagon
Hi guys, I’ve noticed a weird issue with my 2014 SV6 VF, whenever I go to stop or drive slow I can hear a sloshing sound coming from my fuel tank/ rear of my car. It’s on and off, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn’t, I’m really confused to what it is as it hasn’t happened in any other car I’ve owned. Is it just my fuel or is there a bigger problem?
This might be unrelated, but my VE rear doors keep filling with rain water, sounds like what you are describing.
I haven't found the cause yet, only pull the rubber where the wires go in the bottom of the doors.
If anyone has had this problem, and found a solution, I'd love to here it.
My VE has rain water filling the back doors. This might be unrelated, but sounds like what you are describing.
I let the water out by lifting the rubber where the wires go in the bottom of the doors.
If anyone has found a solution to this , I'd love to hear it.
Hope this helps.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
This might be unrelated, but my VE rear doors keep filling with rain water, sounds like what you are describing.
I haven't found the cause yet, only pull the rubber where the wires go in the bottom of the doors.
If anyone has had this problem, and found a solution, I'd love to here it.

My VE has rain water filling the back doors. This might be unrelated, but sounds like what you are describing.
I let the water out by lifting the rubber where the wires go in the bottom of the doors.
If anyone has found a solution to this , I'd love to hear it.
Hope this helps.

There should be drains in the bottom of the doors, just unblock them.