Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sluggish VF2 SS

toffbrown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SV6 Commodore 3.6L
Hey guys

I have a vf2 SS LS3 with OTR with a tune

When I test drove the vehicle it was really responsive and really put me back in my seat. Easily broke traction. Now I noticed the past few weeks its become sluggish. I have to press my accelerator more than half way for me to get any power and my foot flat has no difference where as just tapping it used to just pick up instantly. I disconnected the battery yesterday and it was good until I turned the vehicle off to fuel up and then turned on again it went sluggish. Its comparable to my old VF2 SV6 I had

What could the issue be and has anyone experienced this.

toffbrown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry forget to mention there's no Dash or engine warning lights and the exhaust system also sounded tinny lately....

Could scanning with an ODB2 scanner show errors even without engine light? Or does it only have errors with engine light

toffbrown98

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah...
Just didnt wanna waste my time or money doing a scan if it wont show errors even if there's no engine light on

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Could scanning with an ODB2 scanner show errors even without engine light? Or does it only have errors with engine light
Error codes, or more correctly Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) as GM calls them, can exist that aren’t considered serious enough by the vehicles system to turn on the check engine lamp.

DTC’s can also be classified as a pending fault (being evaluated) or as a hard fault (verified). In any case, it’s always worth checking for any DTC’s when some issue is suspected (even if not check engine lamp is lit)...

Sadly not all ODB scanners are the same... some cheapies can only read ECU DTC’s and can’t access the other modules within the system (BCM, airbag module, ABS/ESC module, etc..). But that’s ok, an eBay special (BT ODB2 dongle) at $20 may be Ok for some very basic checks and an introduction to the depth of stuff that is potentially possible (forum and internet is also good for learning about such things). ...

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Perhaps it just needs a good thrash? If u drive around like a nana they do become a bit sluggish when ya go to put your foot down

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, you’d get a nana DTC popping up o_O :)

Jokes aside, if it’s an auto then the adaptive gearbox stuff will alter the way the car behaves as it learns from how it’s driven. Don’t think it’s an issue for a manual VF.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
if it’s an auto then the adaptive gearbox stuff will alter the way the car behaves as it learns from how it’s driven

What??
The VF has an adaptive gearbox??
Tell me more.