Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smokers pack question

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Hi guys,
I recently installed a smokers pack in my VE and want to ask others that have done this if the ring around the cig lighter illuminates with the lights on ?
Mine does not, but when I push in the lighter it will illuminate just as the lighter heats up, is this what is supposed to happen ?

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
You could have avoided this problem by everytime you need to smoke pull over on the side of the road and smoke a ciggy in rest areas and use a cigarette lighter. My guess is pretty darn soon it will be illegal to smoke in a car anyway thats where its all going. The thing that cracks me up is its just as dangerous if not more dangerous than using a mobile phone while driving.....yet smokings not banned as of yet won't be long though don't worry. Going to be very funny when cops pull smokers over I guess you will get a few that will just lie or eat the ciagarette to hide it should make for good highway patrol tv.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
It should illuminate....

Pull the assy out again and check out where the globe fits, and check out it makes contact....

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You could have avoided this problem by everytime you need to smoke pull over on the side of the road and smoke a ciggy in rest areas and use a cigarette lighter. My guess is pretty darn soon it will be illegal to smoke in a car anyway thats where its all going. The thing that cracks me up is its just as dangerous if not more dangerous than using a mobile phone while driving.....yet smokings not banned as of yet won't be long though don't worry. Going to be very funny when cops pull smokers over I guess you will get a few that will just lie or eat the ciagarette to hide it should make for good highway patrol tv.

SPOT ON....

Jurisdictions with a smoking ban in private vehicles:

In the Australian Capital Territory, a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since May 2012. An on the spot fine of 250 Australian dollars will be applicable, or court fines up to 5,500 Australian dollars.[4]

In New South Wales a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since July 2009. There is an on the spot fine of 250 Australian dollars for drivers or passengers, with a maximum fine of 1,100 Australian dollars if disputed.[5]

In Queensland a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since January 2010. There is an on the spot fine of 200 Australian dollars.[6]

In South Australia a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since May 2007. Fines range from 75 to 200 Australian dollars.[7]

In Tasmania, as of 1 January 2008, smoking in cars with passengers under the age of 18 is banned and incurs a 110 Australian dollar on the spot fine.[8]

In Victoria a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 18 has existed since 1 January 2010.

In Western Australia a smoking ban in cars with minors under the age of 16 has existed since 2010.[9]

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem

This is the biggest load of hoarse cum ever written. Smoking a ciggy requires about as much attention if not less than changing gears. Stop crying over nothing nana.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Ban all the cigarettes !!!

*excuse me while I go and have my mid-morning puff.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
This is the biggest load of hoarse cum ever written. Smoking a ciggy requires about as much attention if not less than changing gears. Stop crying over nothing nana.

This is the funniest **** I have ever heard.... For some it may be that easy but for others it may not. Only gonna take one smoking idiot to kill someone and be dumb enuff to admit it or be caught smoking and the ban will be in. I was a smoker myself but never in my own car. I don't find talking on a mobile phone distracting at all doesnt mean the next person or the person after that is gonna find it as easy as me..... Personally I cant wait till the law comes in will be funny watching all the wossies chugging on ciggies on the side of the road or getting caught. If you smoke in your car as well you might as well have loads of hoarse cum all over the interior as well as it would most probably smell better than cigarette soaked interior.....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Get one of these and you can drive and smoke while twit facing to your heart's content

1419291601958.jpg

Google's Marshmallow-like self-driving car prototype ready for road testing

Just make sure it has 5% tint.....coz if you get seen in one you will never live it down.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Smoking in cars with minors under 16 has just been passed in the Northern Territory.