Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
So got onto the second oil change on the ute, can't believe already been 5000kms :/ but anyways oil condition was much better than what I drained first time round, hoping to clear out crappy residue over the years with more services to come

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Spent some more moneys... again.. cant help it.

Picked up a bottom grille mesh to suit the front bar, didnt have one, happy with that now.

Also got my hands on a new wiper washer bottle, no wonder it wouldnt squirt.. was cracked and couldnt hold water!

And lastly but not least, finally got my binnacle guages.. had to buy a front fascia to suit but no probs with that, looks tops, just need to wire up now :D

IMG_1111.jpg

Last edited:

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Binnacle gauges got wired up today, gutsiest effort on my behalf when it comes to car wiring that ive ever done... id like to put a massive thanks out to exec24 who made up the loom to suit and gave me the wiring diagrams, guy definitely knows his stuff! Wouldn't have happened without him.

Got my stainless steel extractors, high flow cats (100cpi) and billet shifter to soon go in along with the intake, MAF tune (decided not to go with MAFLESS). All coming along together now! hoping to crack the 240-250rwkw mark

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Got the extractors and cats in the mail today :D in picture with the billet shifter, only waiting on the air intake now and itl be install and tune time!!!!!

IMG_1179.jpg

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
hmm very interesting.......

Yes, yes it is.

Updated note: billet shifter in, holy awesomeness! Got intake in the mail, everythings set to go in, now to make a date!

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Got some safety items out of the way / upgrades..

new engine mounts in, jesus why didnt i think to get them done earlier.. one had become a two piece item.. explained alot of drivetrain movement..

also got the castor arm lower control arm and z bar bushes done.. havent noticed much improvement yet as i havent given her a good run, still wearing in the new EBC pads and rotors..

rear sub mount bushes replaced and reinforced with nolathane, definitly stiffened up the back end!

After getting all the goodies done, went down to get the car wheel aligned and reaised.. need new tyres.. so 4 new tyres all round.. was way overdue. But now cars back on the road, trying to keep further purchases to a minimum *TRYING*

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
fark, its been months since this car has had any updates!

Continually serviced every 5000kms as usual, has had a front end damage in a small accident, $2g damage and that goes in to get fixed on the 25th.. wheels are now cv8z monaro and all suspension upgrades are finished including new rear shockers and all diff bushes, front end is even height with rear again, car is very tight now. corners fantastically and just skates!

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Oh yeh mate, gezzz 2k worth of damage aye, hopefully you had insurance......

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Yeah bud got insurance.. Just more money I suppose.

Had the car tinted last wk was so overdue! Found a guy on gumtree ex-tinter and had it done for $130 very reasonable and can't really complain about the quality or job! :)
Car goes into the panel shop tommorow.. Everything to be fixed up on the front end but definitly won't be getting it back before Easter, think I'm going to get withdrawals..
Still hunting down exhaust and intake gear, came across a ve Ss Otr, wonder if that's useable on the vz? And I think il be going xforce for the extractors and high flow cats, $1200 brand new delivered bolt on cant complain?

image-4.jpg