Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Social's Implusive 6L VZ Thunder

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Yeah bud got insurance.. Just more money I suppose.

Had the car tinted last wk was so overdue! Found a guy on gumtree ex-tinter and had it done for $130 very reasonable and can't really complain about the quality or job! :)
Car goes into the panel shop tommorow.. Everything to be fixed up on the front end but definitly won't be getting it back before Easter, think I'm going to get withdrawals..
Still hunting down exhaust and intake gear, came across a ve Ss Otr, wonder if that's useable on the vz? And I think il be going xforce for the extractors and high flow cats, $1200 brand new delivered bolt on cant complain?

image-4.jpg

Gezzz ya gotta wait to after easter i bet your spewing about that, with the extractors and high flow cats have a look on ebay mate, you should be able to get some pacemaker extractors for about $650 - $800 delivered aye, and high flow cats are about $400 - $600 a set i think depends which ones you get.....

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
yeah mate ive sussed out a set xforce extractors and high flow cat bolt togethers $1200 delivered. definitly in my price range and quality and simplicity too

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
I like the sound of that! How does she go with them and sound coo?

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
I can't comment on the comparison between them and stock, but them with the 3' sound awesome mate!
Loud, but it's a good note!
When you getting them put in?

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
I can't comment on the comparison between them and stock, but them with the 3' sound awesome mate!
Loud, but it's a good note!
When you getting them put in?

Hopefully not too loud, I like a nice purr normal driving but a roar when putting her through her paces. Haven't purchased them yet just putting cash aside at the moment for it, intake is already in the post so 1/4 pieces of the puzzle sorted. What figures is your car making with the exhaust and tune?

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Social just wondering how you went with installing them guages......

Ive got the gauges though my car has a compartment thingo where the guages are meant to go ???

Did your car have that ??

coo dawg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS LS1
Hopefully not too loud, I like a nice purr normal driving but a roar when putting her through her paces. Haven't purchased them yet just putting cash aside at the moment for it, intake is already in the post so 1/4 pieces of the puzzle sorted. What figures is your car making with the exhaust and tune?

It's not too loud when you're putting around, but as soon as you put your foot down ..........

What intake you getting? I'm still tossing up wether to get an OTR and MAFLESS done. Mine was MAF tuned by the owner before me, I have no idea what it made??

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
I'm actually not following suite on The intake, I'm
Going the growler pod corner set up, I figured something cheaper probably almost as effective and more suttle. If you
Have the ls1, maffless will be worth it but if you have a ls2/3/76/98 it's still ok to get a maf one done as the maf sensor itself isn't as restrictive. I couldn't justify $600 on a Otr. Blow me lol it's barely 4 pieces of aluminum, an aluminium cylinder bit, filter, clamp and rubber hose.. I picked the growler one up for $180 2nd Hand posted. Will
Put up pics when installed

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
Hey Social just wondering how you went with installing them guages......

Ive got the gauges though my car has a compartment thingo where the guages are meant to go ???

Did your car have that ??

Hey mate yeah mine did have the compartment, I had to go to just commodore spares and buy a surround out of a ssz, once I had that I got a bloke to make me up a patch harness (exec24) and he gave me the blue prints to tap into the loom behind the dash cluster, picks your brain a bit but definitly worth it