Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Solved Exhaust Drone

etower

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp exe s2 3.8
May be the drone is caused by the exhaust tip?... too light which will resonate more than the V8. Same problem with the VZ, too much drone so they put a big blob (dampner) on the end of the exhaust.

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Is it possible they forgot a gasket, or didn't tighten something properly? Surely if it's the same system it shouldn't be droning after a removal and re-fit???

You would think so... It seems worst when its cold for the first 5 or ten mins of driving. But driving around town its so dronney... Also when crusing on the HWY at 110kph, it is droning its head off... It was never this bad.

I read through the Holden invoices you get when they work on your car and read they replaced the cat gasket and bolts. Also n/s side manafold bolt replaced? I wonder if this work as somehow created an issue???

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If it is worse when it is cold it sounds like you have a leak. Take it to an exhaust shop to get checked.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
If it is worse when it is cold it sounds like you have a leak. Take it to an exhaust shop to get checked.

agreed, but i'd be taking it to the shop that did the service and let 'em know it's their problem.. Also, although unlikely, the replaced bolt may need to be re-tightened...

KITTAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 V8 VE Calais V 60th Anniversary Edition
Yes well the car is going back into Holden in a coupe of weeks. Im going to get them to check the entire system and even compare it to another VE V8 sedan that has had no modifications to shows them the difference. They cant be telling me its normal for it to drone like this... It never did it before,

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
agreed, but i'd be taking it to the shop that did the service and let 'em know it's their problem..

That's the problem though, they are saying there is no fault.

Get is checked somewhere else, then if they find something, take it back to Holden and say "fix this".

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
That's the problem though, they are saying there is no fault.

Get is checked somewhere else, then if they find something, take it back to Holden and say "fix this".

Ahh yes, i wasn't thinking about it that way, thought you meant take it to another shop and get it fixed.. my bad :bang: