Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some moron just tried to get me killed

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I fail at driving in the city, I can admit it. But I'm the master of all city people on the highways out here. I can pick their unco from miles away :) especaily at not being able to put high beams OFF :p which you only ever see on mass at Christmas/Easter how strange :). I've left a few people behind me when they attempt to pass but only in the situation when they do 85-90 toward the end of at 80 zone in preperation to get me before the 100 zone. Soon as those bastards see the 100 zone up ahead and hit the blinker I'm gone. But I back off and let them go later in the 100 zone but I make them try twice just for being cheating bastards :). This is why I dubious of the original posters story, because you've normaly done some tail gating or passed in a lower speed zone to get this kind of treatment.

In the 100 zones I just sit on 100 and let everyone else go passed

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore HSV(without all the gay ****)
i totally agree with you i dont drive in the city i take the train its easier, i dont think theres a solution to the problem, its just ****ing stupid

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
This is why I dubious of the original posters story, because you've normaly done some tail gating or passed in a lower speed zone to get this kind of treatment.
i was tailgating them cos they were doing 80 i a 100 zone i backed off after id caught up to them and waited for the straight(i travel the road regularly)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
totally agree, flat out. no room for silly buggers!, sorry to all those that dont agree but i belive less time on the wrong side of the road is better

That's right my old VP gets a bit of a wobble over rough roads at the speeds it gets up to by the front of B Double, and takes some fair heavy braking to slow down to 100 as you come across but when your dealing with those kind of trucks all over the roads it's farrrrrr better to be infront of one than staying where you are and ending up being between two of them.

My Brother once attempted to pass 6 semis in convey once in his HJ Coupe out in the flats of South Australia (he had others behind him) He was at max speed (200ish) and then another truck was comming the other direction he tried to brake wasn't going to make it, couldn't find any room to get inbetween any of them lol, sucked to be him in that moment but he finally got inbetween two of them *just* that was a pretty unsafe bit of driving, hes done some pretty silly things on the road but that's about his record. I've passed two b doubles in a row in the VP but I wouldn't try 3

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
id be scared passing b-doubles because of the sway they get especially if its windy

@greenfoam sent you a pm about vn interior

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
reading your post made me feel dumber, speeding up because its humerous? what type of dick head plays with peoples lives for a laugh? if there speeding and your not, let them go. dont hang people out to dry. what if by doing that you were just responsible for killing 2 families? not funny to me. you sir, are the reason people stereotype VN drivers

gotta admit, owned by a festiva is funny but not the point. every car is a weapon, should be treated like one. ( although weapon and festiva dont really belong in the same paragraph lol)

I really should add the fact i drive on freeways that have about 3-4 lanes each way shouldn't i? and that i pretty much always drive in the left lane unless im overtaking? and if im going to get tailgated then overtaken in the left lane then stuff them or in the same situation as foamy brought up :)

Obviously i wouldn't do that if i was driving slow or on a 2 lane road with 1 lane to each direction.
Pretty much what i was asking was why didn't he just slot in behind again and overtake later? what was so hard about that? If he had of done that he wouldn't of had to speed and we wouldn't be replying to this stupid thread :D

ok so theyre going slow i get over the bridge there a straight i pull out to over take, i speed up to 100 didnt speed cos the a landcruiser parked on the side of the road ahead. the festy accelerates i see the cruiser isnt a copper so i speed up to 110 getting a bit past the festy, he decides its a great time to speed im most of the way past him getting close to the end of a straight this magna comes round the bend festy still not backing off i boot it and get past so i dont have a head on with the magna. then the festy procedes to tailgate me for the next 5 ks.

the straight in question is long enough to pass 2-3 cars safely if theyre not being ****wits, as far as getting "owned" by a festiva so what? its probably 10 years newer than my car certainly lighter theyre pretty quick little cars, its not the point the same thing would have happened if i was in dads SS
Well maybe you should learn to overtake? and maybe you should have thought to yourself "that could possibly be a cop car so ill overtake when i go past it"....
I always got told when im overtaking on a 2 lane road to go and get it over and done with, no stuffing around....

nemesis_adrasteia

better to reign in hell
Reaction score
Members Ride
10kms faster than the car your overtaking is resonable there were no cars behind me and no cars coming the other way when i pulled out why should i wait till i go past a cop car to over take i wasnt exceeding the limit and didnt plan to when i pulled out

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
10kms faster than the car your overtaking is resonable there were no cars behind me and no cars coming the other way when i pulled out why should i wait till i go past a cop car to over take i wasnt exceeding the limit and didnt plan to when i pulled out
obviously not reasonable enough, as other have said, why **** around? when overtaking you get it done or if not slip back in behind, and seriously a festiva...i don't care if it was worked off it's tit's...very lame effort :thumbsup: lmao

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
why not just pull back in behind them?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
But still, a Festiva?! I think the attitude problem is perhaps you having to complete the overtake and not backing the hell off when you saw a car coming, then trying it again when it was clear lol

Last edited: