Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Someone crashed into my VE SV6!

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
X Man, I feel your pain with all this. And I am glad you have a well repaired car.

I've been there myself. A P-plater was looking at his stereo when he didnt notice a train of cars standing still in front of him. He would have been doing 80km/h. You guessed it, yours truly was in the firing line. I could see what was about to happen... and i left a lot of room (a car length) in front of me. I couldnt change lanes as both sides were blocked. So I put the car in neutral, lifted off the brake, and braced. He was driving a relatively new hilux and towing a box trailer. slammed the brakes on (I thought hilux's had abs... but i remember a skid), slammed into the rear straight on. Now I am a big fan of towbars, even if you dont plan on towing anything. Like you, mine copped the brunt of it. My car did lurch forward a car length, so i am thinking that by releasing energy that way, i minimised damage.. along with the tow bar!

His car would have been written off.. windscreen smashed due to buckling, engine sitting back many centimetres from where it should have been, little left of the headlights and front, wheels not where they were meant to be, airbags (in his car) all fired.. he was out of the car with a painful arm. I had damage which looked a lot like yours, only i didnt have any issues with the driver cell/door opening. the car looked ok unless you looked closely. then, my rear bumper was stuffed, bootlit crashed in slightly, rear light smashed, exhaust pushed back a bit, and the boot bottom got pushed in too. I could drive off with no hassles, and did all the police/insurance stuff. It was all repaired well and i saw the list of work, and parts they put in. Lots of work and it was a job well done. Until a month after the repairs, someone reversed a boat trailer into my rear bumper (a rare time I went to the coast without my boat). The bumper still wears the scar today, and i aint fixing it because if I leave it there, nothing else will happen. If I fix it, something else will happen to it!

Good luck with your beast. And like others, I am glad to hear that you and your family are all good. Thats whats really important.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Bit of a thread dig, but this has just happened to my VE SSV. Exact same, hit from behind straight into my towbar. All you would need to do is change the pics to a black car and you have my situation. Except my doors wont open, and when I got some stuff out of the boot it wouldn't close.

It gets assessed tomorrow, after being towed last week. Ill let people know how it ends up. The Mrs has already said I can get a Mustang if its written off :)