Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry, yet another exhaust/catback question

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
You have fun with that!

I'd be asking for a refund from the marital agency, personally!

Once it's used I can't take it back. But at least today I earnt enough for the kpm. Probably won't make as much noise as Ting Tong

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
From a Veterinary Nurses perspective I'd have to say your dog is not abnormaly large for a Staffy...he looks in good nick though.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
From a Veterinary Nurses perspective I'd have to say your dog is not abnormaly large for a Staffy...he looks in good nick though.

Hey thanks for that! He's pretty fit! And strong as a freaking ox! I maintain the bulk of that 37kg is taken up by his thick bone-head!

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
hahaha **** man.. you were right about his head. It's huge, nice dog though. Very nice sleek coat from what i see...

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
Ok, today i went to chev's to have a look at the kpm's. he had a full system on a ve gts which sounded awesome. i was hell bent on the kpm catback but whilst there he also said he could save me(honest of him) $700 by getting a pacemaker 3" catback in s/s...i have not heard of anyone recently on this forum talking of this catback, its the usual xforce/kpm etc. does anyone have/rate etc this catback? because $700 saved is $700 towards something else! thanks

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Ok, today i went to chev's to have a look at the kpm's. he had a full system on a ve gts which sounded awesome. i was hell bent on the kpm catback but whilst there he also said he could save me(honest of him) $700 by getting a pacemaker 3" catback in s/s...i have not heard of anyone recently on this forum talking of this catback, its the usual xforce/kpm etc. does anyone have/rate etc this catback? because $700 saved is $700 towards something else! thanks

I knew about the system, but haven't seen anything really on it. It's not even on their website. Same deal with the HM/Perry system (around the same price). Very little info out there on these two systems. Not an Abba fan just posted some interesting info on the KPM system in another thread as well.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
I knew about the system, but haven't seen anything really on it. It's not even on their website. Same deal with the HM/Perry system (around the same price). Very little info out there on these two systems. Not an Abba fan just posted some interesting info on the KPM system in another thread as well.

it has been so difficult to hear a catback on youtube that i given up looking, so went to chevs but he only had cars there that had full 4k systems. cant make my mind up but think naccas is getting his 3" done this weekend so hopefully he can give a fair appraisal on a catback..the paccie you are correct saying there aint much info on this...chev said it was good but someones opinion of good maybe not mine, he said to avoid xforce like the plague. farking confused, think i going to make my own from some scaffold tubing and some liquid nails

UPDATE - ok i called pacemaker and spoke to a freaking helpful guy, he admitted there was not much on the interwebage regarding the catbacks but told me the 2.5" was 83db and the 3" was 90db which is bang on the legal limit and the boys in blue may slap a defect on it if it measures 91db - in their tests it measured on average 90db but he couldnt guarante it would be legal..obviuosly the 2.5 is but since i chasing noise the 3" woud be choice..chev fits pacemaker catbacks and with his advice and reputation coupled with pacemakers reputation and expertise i now seriously leaning towards this over the kpm saving 700 in the process..

Last edited:

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
I did hear that an early pacemaker 2 1/2" on a ve droned bad but with there expertise i'm sure thay are on top of that now, any pics????

Ps my KPM seems to be getting better with the extra km's nice deep sound everyone comments about what have i done to the ute(never told people about the exhaust change)