Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sorry, yet another exhaust/catback question

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
One ususually doesnt relegate wives to ride in the back of a ute though lol... at the least, when the ute is driving :)

kerryss07

kerryh
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
i think exhaust opinions come down to personal choice. i've just had a full xforce system done at jhp in blackburn which deals mainly with ve's and there is no drone and the v8 note it purrs out is great.i've found that whoever you ring , whatever stock they supply, they will always say theirs is the best!

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
Yeah I was going to get one... But didn't think the dog would be too impressed... And he sure isn't getting in the cabin! He's half english staffy, half amstaff... So to say he enjoys a chew is an understatement. Plus, at around 37kg, he's a fkn big staffy!

bloody hell..... 37??? I've got a boxer and she weighs at around 27.. what do you feed him... dianabol? lol

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
bloody hell..... 37??? I've got a boxer and she weighs at around 27.. what do you feed him... dianabol? lol

He's a 37kg staffy... He eats whatever the hell he wants! And if I had dianabol, it sure as hell wouldn't be him eating it!

Thing is, he's tall like an amstaff... But muscley and stocky like and English staffy... Combine that with the energy of a jack Russel and you get the idea! Half his weight is in his giant head! I'll throw a pic into my profile later tonight.

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
i think exhaust opinions come down to personal choice. i've just had a full xforce system done at jhp in blackburn which deals mainly with ve's and there is no drone and the v8 note it purrs out is great.i've found that whoever you ring , whatever stock they supply, they will always say theirs is the best!

this maybe the case, i just got off phone with gary from chevs. he said he used to sell xforce and even had system on his clubbie but the quality was not up to scratch so how coud he sell it to customers when he wasnt even happy with it on his own car, his words. he has not fitted the new slc kpm cat back in a 3" yet but has two full systems going on to ls3 cars this month, one of them blown which would sound awesome no doubt..but nonetheless his only apprehension on the 3" over the 2.5" was because i was getting ute lowered at the same time he said the 3" as it sits lower might cause the boys in blue to get out their 100mm block and slap me with a canary. apparentlytigtening up with the hoons although i thought that the vl's with no springs and black steelies on the back compared with the ve were more the culprits..

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
this maybe the case, i just got off phone with gary from chevs. he said he used to sell xforce and even had system on his clubbie but the quality was not up to scratch so how coud he sell it to customers when he wasnt even happy with it on his own car, his words. he has not fitted the new slc kpm cat back in a 3" yet but has two full systems going on to ls3 cars this month, one of them blown which would sound awesome no doubt..but nonetheless his only apprehension on the 3" over the 2.5" was because i was getting ute lowered at the same time he said the 3" as it sits lower might cause the boys in blue to get out their 100mm block and slap me with a canary. apparentlytigtening up with the hoons although i thought that the vl's with no springs and black steelies on the back compared with the ve were more the culprits..

NSW's finest seem to be focussing more on the import crowd than the VEs - however, I have noticed a few VEs getting done - but they're the ones with mufflers sporting the Varex logos. It's beyond me why that gets stamped on in plain sight - but then I guess they don't market it as street legal. I know of a couple of people having issues with 22s - but otherwise it should be plain sailing.

kerryss07

kerryh
Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
still its personal opinion. friend of mine had kpm system installed and they sound too hollow, that's what turned me off them. still good luck, looks like you need it........

wigbilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV UTE M6
still its personal opinion. friend of mine had kpm system installed and they sound too hollow, that's what turned me off them. still good luck, looks like you need it........

Why would I need luck. I have a new ute. New Thai bride. A slab of Victoria finest and some monte cristo cigars. You have made my decision even easier. Kpm all the way