Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

speaker choice for a ve

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
would there be a issue with bolting the sub box under the parcel shelf ? this is the sub
TCVT10.12.jpg

dimensionsCVT_1roundsub_abcd.jpg

Dimension A (in., cm) 4-1/8, 10.5
Dimension B (in., cm) 5-1/16, 12.8
Dimension C (in., cm) 9-1/16, 23
Dimension D (in., cm) 16-5/16, 41.4

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Literally bolting the whole enclosure up to the parcel shelf, so it would be firing into the boot floor?

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
yea . and if the distance is correct it will double the bass output or it can actualy cancel themselves out depending on distance from surface

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
yea . and if the distance is correct it will double the bass output or it can actualy cancel themselves out depending on distance from surface

Why would you want to mount it there? I think you are going to have some problems with rattles and vibrations for one.
Can you please explain how the sub firing directly at the boot floor will double the 'bass output'?
I think you would be better off mounting it to the boot floor.. You could try different positions to see what you like best, loading off the boot lid, loading off one of the sides of the boot or firing directly forwards, for some examples.

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
ok similar to home audio ( i used to sell high end gear ) if u can yet the base wave pattern to align buy bouncing of a surface and directly back increases the wave . well it doesnt actually double but volume and sound increases. we used to do this with home audio installs but we had a program to calculate the distance required, otherwise you can almost deaden the sound if the waves dont align

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok similar to home audio ( i used to sell high end gear ) if u can yet the base wave pattern to align buy bouncing of a surface and directly back increases the wave . well it doesnt actually double but volume and sound increases. we used to do this with home audio installs but we had a program to calculate the distance required, otherwise you can almost deaden the sound if the waves dont align

So you would load a sub directly into a wall of a house?

Just a question, not having a go at you or anything - if you used to sell high end home audio gear, I assume you'd know a lot about sound - why are you using a slimline kicker sub?

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
He is talking about constructive and destructive wave interference.

Regardless, bolting it to the parcel shelf isn't a good idea.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
if you used to sell high end home audio gear, I assume you'd know a lot about sound

Also If he used to sell high end home audio gear, I'd assume he'd know how to spell "bass".

Just saying..

ok similar to home audio ( i used to sell high end gear ) if u can yet the base wave pattern to align ...

lou1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve s2 sv6
about 15 years ago i did sell high end home audio krell amps b&w speakers sony es . bose audio even paid for a trip to the US for about 20 of us . that was back when retail actually had margins in it.
ive already stated why im using a slimline . my car isnt my home stereo and i do use the boot. i should have stated the question better. i was more worried about having a larger weight hanging of the parcel shelf and the vibrations

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fair enough mate. I wouldn't consider the parcel shelf a good place to mount your sub box, not at all.