Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SRS Fault notification.

mohamedelkady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ
Hi,
I have a 2006 Chevy Lumina Ls aka. Commodore VZ V6. I went to a cleaning shop a week ago, after I restored the car the (SRS FAULT) and SRS lamp in the dash are appearing every time I switch the car on. Note that my Car was NOT equipped with airbags. When I referred to the owners manual, the (SRS FAULTS) indicates a "Seat belt pretension problem"! As far I know one the of the employees in the shop tried to remove the drivers seat. I think he may did something wrong in the wiring under the seat. However, I did not notice anything odd there. Now, How can I dismiss this error? Any Ideas?

Thanks

rcsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Did they tell you that they tried to remove the seat? If so I would be putting it back onto them to repair it. If you have no luck with that you can try and disconnect your battery for about 10-15 minutes turn lights on to drain any residual power, then reconnect the battery, it should clear the fault. Check any wires or connections around the seat belt or under the seats. Maybe the vacuum hose poked a plug or wire loose. If light comes back on its a real fault and will need to be looked at.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If the seat was unplugged and they turned the ignition on it will log a code.needs reset with gm tech2

mohamedelkady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ
Did they tell you that they tried to remove the seat? If so I would be putting it back onto them to repair it. If you have no luck with that you can try and disconnect your battery for about 10-15 minutes turn lights on to drain any residual power, then reconnect the battery, it should clear the fault. Check any wires or connections around the seat belt or under the seats. Maybe the vacuum hose poked a plug or wire loose. If light comes back on its a real fault and will need to be looked at.

thanks a lot for your reply, I assumed they tried to but not sure as they said they were to going to clean the seats but they did not will to. I will recall them to make sure they did unplug any wiring or not.
I hope that the drain-battery-method will work for me. wish me good luck :)

mohamedelkady

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VZ
commenting on @rcsv6 method, the guy in this video tried similar method but the unplugged both the +&- poles and connected them then waited for around 10:15 mins and all fault messages are gone! will this work for any car? any difference form the method mentioned above by mr @rcsv6.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
No mate, the fault code is logged and needs clearing with a Tech2 or other competent scan tool.