Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS exhaust problem

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Tuner pipes won't fix the "extremely loud" bit though.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
as naaf said mate,bite the bullet and replace the system,i did and haven't had a problem with droning since

webferret

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
as naaf said mate,bite the bullet and replace the system,i did and haven't had a problem with droning since

I had the same issue with drone on my VE SS auto I had 2.5 X force from cats back. I changed the rear mufflers with Walkinshaw mufflers no drone car sounds awesome.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I had the same issue with drone on my VE SS auto I had 2.5 X force from cats back. I changed the rear mufflers with Walkinshaw mufflers no drone car sounds awesome.

Nice one. How much that set you back??

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Just go get a second hand pair of stock ss mufflers. Will take away the drone and tone it down a bit.
A mate of mine is running them behind his twin 3" system on a blown 6L. Still makes 350rwkw or so and sounds very tame at idle and cruise.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
A bit of information regarding exhaust on FI engines, it doesn't matter to the same degree how much the exhaust can flow on supercharged or turboed engines, although, the least amount of restriction is best. The compressed air going in has more than enough pressure to overcome restrictions in the exhaust, so the same exhaust on an FI engine will not flow the same on an NA one.

Putting restrictive mufflers on a supercharged car will quieten it down, but not really affect the performance that much. Doing the same to an NA car will have detrimental effects. THe best thing to do is to fit a decent sounding, better flowing exhaust to start with, not try and band aid it with bits and pieces from different cars.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
thanks naaf-you the man

you are a wealth of knowledge and am sure you have imparted your wisdom on quite a few members here,me for one so a big THANKS lol

webferret

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore
This how it sounds

Last edited by a moderator: