Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Grill Emblem Prototype

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
TraidMarc said:
But I know that the SV6 owners won't be able to resist

I'm an SV6 owner and I'm just gonna put it out there that I'll be able to resist. Crazy I know...

BUTTTT you may have helped with the whole chev badge thing, as I think you just made the big holden lion look amazing in comparison.

Talked it up far too much :hmmm:

Vzille

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Just for Sh*ts and Giggles, how did you do it?

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Hey guys, thinking about putting a swastika emblem on my grill, anyone else want one? We could take over the world of badges.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
as with anything custom, whether it be body kits, badges or interiors it either works or it doesnt, you like it or you dont. everyone has thier own opinion. you cant let that change your view.

i love the chev badge, its engraved on my zippo, but it will never be seen on any of my commodores. do what you do for you, not everyone else.

you'll get some that will follow your idea, but sorry no comparison to the chev badge, and not a game changer.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Pretty lame outcome...

I would like to see something based around the old GMH flag design. Maybe someone can apply their photoshop skills and modern-up the design?

HK 5ltr flag badge.jpgHOLDEN_MONARO_BADGE_327_with_FLAGS_GTS_GUARD_NEW__62002_zoom.png

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Pretty lame outcome...

I would like to see something based around the old GMH flag design. Maybe someone can apply their photoshop skills and modern-up the design?

View attachment 124582View attachment 124583

Welcome to the wonderful world of GM badge sharing which has gone on for as long as there has been GM. Those badges started off on old Chev's and were either directly applied or slightly modified to local cars since the mid 60's (HD started it from memory). That said, I'd like to see a modern interpretation. The closest we get these days is the "enhanced" badge on the back of HSV's. The "V" badge on some VE models was an adaptation of a Caddillac badge.

Reaper

IMG_03101.jpg

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Pretty lame outcome...

View attachment 124582View attachment 124583
not a bad idea at all that, mix a bit of retro with modern but different enough so its not confused with HSV's current effort with the helmet and flag. anybody care to give this a go with photo shop and post it? -im hopeless with it-. who knows? might look the ducks nuts or might look like vomit?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Either a bunch of you blokes didn't get the joke or this guy is a spastic... Pretty sure it's the former :rofl2:

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Here's some more inspiration. Found an old Impala badge that has some potential.
sucp_1004_08+1961_chevy_impala_ss+emblem.jpg