Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Mufflers on SV6

Bawho

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 2010 VE SV6 VE
Hi,

Sorry to create another thread about this sort of issue.

Don't want the drone but want the dual-tips on each muffler so I thought I'd just get the SS mufflers.

I'm just wondering if the SS mufflers bolt directly onto the SV6 or is there something else that needs to be done? Are the pipe diametres the same and if not, does this matter?

Thanks.

Adameksv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010
hi mate
should bolt straight up

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
I've got SS mufflers on my 07 SV6 and I can confirm they were a straight swap. Just unbolt the old mufflers and bolt on the new ones. They give off quite a decent note, you'll definitely enjoy them.

PTRSEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SIDI SV6 UTE
I've got SS mufflers on my 07 SV6 and I can confirm they were a straight swap. Just unbolt the old mufflers and bolt on the new ones. They give off quite a decent note, you'll definitely enjoy them.

did you just swap the rear mufflers to the ss ones with the quad tips or did you put a whole exhaust on it to get the decent note?

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
did you just swap the rear mufflers to the ss ones with the quad tips or did you put a whole exhaust on it to get the decent note?

You only need to swap the mufflers over to the SS ones as the SS exhaust system is exactly the same as the SV6 one.

I've got the SS mufflers on my SV6 and they sound pretty good. Better then the crap bolt on exhausts that are available which sound very bad..

PTRSEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SIDI SV6 UTE
where do you rekn would be the best place to pick up a set?

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
As Unit_01 said, only the mufflers have been changed with the SV6 pipes staying in place. The mufflers are essentially what determine the final note. So therefore I have the SS mufflers with quad tips as that is pretty much the only way SS mufflers come. Just so you know, my SV6 hasn't been tuned or CAI installed so the note that it gives off is purely due to the change in mufflers.

-SpydeR-

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
where do you rekn would be the best place to pick up a set?

Holden spares might be able to help. I got mine through a mate's mate who owns a garage where essentially heaps of new SS owners come in to get their exhausts done, so they had a few spare SS exhausts lying around.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Ebay mate, where I got my ssv quad tips off an AFM though so its the Y pipe type not the free flowing like the pre AFM's but best $50 spent not much in the noise department but looks the goods.

Bawho

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 2010 VE SV6 VE
I got mine off ebay. Hopefully they should arrive before the weekend and I can get under the car to fit them without the Trouble and Strife realising.

New headlights and tail lights go in next week and changing all the globes over to Phillips Crystal Vision. Ideally I'd go to HID but the cost is a bit restrictive. Then just the stereo to replace and the front lip spolier and I think I'll be done with changing the car...until I get bored again. ;)