Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ss or xr6 turbo

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Speaking of cost, one of the guys on the ford forums has ran a 10.93 with his FG F6 having spent under $7k. How many SS's run 10's for under $7k?

Gmm have a 11 sec cam only ve under 7 n/a reliable not massive boost to get it there

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Gmm have a 11 sec cam only ve under 7 n/a reliable not massive boost to get it there

this threads gradually turning to ****

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Wait, we're building a HP heroes car now? If you want to go that way, all the biggest numbers are from turbo cars:p
How is running high boost not reliable? Mine runs 20-21psi and does 600K's a week, never had a single issue with it.

No 6 thou is it

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Taken from their site;
Cam install - $3790
Full exhaust and intake - $5590
Vehicles powered by (L98 & LS3) engines will required Hi Performance Tie Bar Lifters & Head Gaskets add $990-
Vehicles powered by (L76 & L77) with (AFM) require the fitment of Hi Performance Tie bar Lifters, Head Gaskets and Modified Valley Plate, the AFM system will be disabled with this upgrade, add $1290-

I'm sure if you did it all at once they would do a better price, but that's over $10k.

Can someone please explain the reliable side of the argument? Why does everyone think boost = problems.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Can someone please explain the reliable side of the argument? Why does everyone think boost = problems.

Because they have f all experience with boosted cars...

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
Righto mate is this what you want to hear
Your xr6t is the most amazing piece of engineering ever to be released from a mass produced car I'm just truly jealous that you can make that much top end power please tell me more about how wonder full these cars are
Ooh wait this is a just commodore forum I don't want to hear about your ford ****

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
The good skid cars once goin don't drop below 5500RPM. Check out blokes like RVK355, which is Narurally Aspirated mind u. He holds that thing on 8600 from start to finish.

Only the children skid below 4000. Hell my 304 makes sweet fark all below 4000RPM, but I can still hold top gear at 6700.

just watched a couple of his video, the guy is a champ, cars shootin flames out the bonnet and hes still throwing loops

not a single fk was given lol

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Righto mate is this what you want to hear
Your xr6t is the most amazing piece of engineering ever to be released from a mass produced car I'm just truly jealous that you can make that much top end power please tell me more about how wonder full these cars are
Ooh wait this is a just commodore forum I don't want to hear about your ford ****
I don't have a XR6T mate. I see you still have no clue. I'm out, have fun building your drag/burnout/HP heroes car.

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Speaking of cost, one of the guys on the ford forums has ran a 10.93 with his FG F6 having spent under $7k. How many SS's run 10's for under $7k?

Totally agreeing with your point, buy you cant really compare a FG F6 with an SS. Totally different price brackets.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Totally agreeing with your point, buy you cant really compare a FG F6 with an SS. Totally different price brackets.
True, add $1400 to get the same/better results with a XR6T.