Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stainless v Mild Exhaust Systems

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
You can get DePhllipo headers for 600 bucks, Hiflow Cats for 300 each and a catback for 700.

Catback stainless is easily 1400 itself.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
VXWAGMAN said:
You can get DePhllipo headers for 600 bucks, Hiflow Cats for 300 each and a catback for 700.

Catback stainless is easily 1400 itself.
I would love to know where you can get any decent new defilipo's for $600

06Calais

Keeps me Broke
Reaction score
Website
img717.imageshack.us
Members Ride
06 calais
Hey all. Im looking for some advice on getting a good (while as close to legal as possible) sound from my Alloytec. Its in a VZ 2006 Calais. Many V6's I hear sound terrible (to me), however occasionally I will hear one that sounds lovely, but not everyone carries stickers on their car showing who did their exhausts (wish they could, but the ecilop will harass them).

If possible, id like some links to videos or audio of Alloytec sounds. But also just spome brand names from people who are using those parts, and are happy with their sound. So I would need Extractors, Cat's, Baffles / resonators and Mufflers that are very non restrictive. Pipe Size is not really an issue as standard sizes on a standard Alloytec is already quite large, except maybe where the exhaust becomes two into one. Id like Twin exhaust but, the fuel tank seems to be in the way.

Big thanks

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Couple vids with stainless exhausts i found on youtube, some have cams though but you get the idea.

[youtube]mFa4RgdHZGw[/youtube]

[youtube]QfOR_FRwpog[/youtube]

[youtube]80ngNEXOAfU[/youtube]

[youtube]lnfStIpXcxU[/youtube]

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Stainless is crisper than mild. It is also lighter. Mild steel is actually heaver because it is thicker walled.

The price difference is not that much, I do the same system for the LS1 sedans for $690 in mild, and $900 in stainless.

Stainless has a longer warranty, but can tend to crack at the muffler as it is a lot harder. Doesn't flex or give as much as mild.

Personally I prefer mild steel as it is smoother and less raspy than stainless.

scycer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Wagon Berlina LS1
well I had the same issue and found it to be alot cheaper to get mild steel and the difference really aint worth the extra cash in my opinion. I ended up with a dual 2.5" xforce mild with welded cats and pacemaker extractors all delivered for $1800 :) so happy

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
haha the Red ute is my ute LOL.
also you posted V8 cars. he is after V6 exhuast systems.

and if anyone is interested in my system:
Diffilippo stainle 1 3/4 extractors, Diffilippo stainless twin 3inch.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
what cats you running Kingston_99? i'm in two minds if to get pacemaker or diffilipo headers, might be getting a twin 3" cat back system (mild steel) if i swap them over swap it with my factory one myself. (mates mum has the cat back on a vt ss 5.7, but its too loud for her so looking at swapping and works for what i want to do, so wondering if should spend the extra and get difillipo 1 3/4 or pacemaker 1 3/4.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
I can't speak for commodores but my old mans charger (hemi 265, see my avatar :)) sounds way better with its stainless system
than it did with the mild it had, both identical systems btw.