Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stainless v Mild Exhaust Systems

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I can't speak for commodores but my old mans charger (hemi 265, see my avatar :)) sounds way better with its stainless system
than it did with the mild it had, both identical systems btw.

Yeah but it's Mopar. They are always arse about :p

Reaper

Kingston_99

383ci HTV2300 blown LS1!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
what cats you running Kingston_99? so wondering if should spend the extra and get difillipo 1 3/4 or pacemaker 1 3/4.

just the 200cell that comes with the Diffilppo system. been meaning to change them to Balistic 100cell cats (thats a loong term project :p)
i can tell you as i'v had both brand extractors in the same size. the Diffilippo extractors look better for free flowing ;)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
oh ok, yeh the ballistic 100 cell are what i was going to get, yeh the diffilipo look like they are a bit longer runners before the join, iv found them for the same price as the pacies, i found out the cat back is a 2.5 and not the best, but also found out his mate's brother has a twin 3" stainless cat back for sale, apparently only 3/4,000 km's old if that, that he's selling, so may look at that.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
found out his mate's brother has a twin 3" stainless cat back for sale, so may look at that.

get that mate, i reackon sounds better then the 2 1/2 system.
also open doors for future mods, cam or F/I!!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Youd probably lose some low down on the 3" though (i assume its twin) untill you get that cam going.

Im looking to upgrade my exhaust soon, Im pretty sure ive just got an off the shelfer.

Looking at twin 2 and a half with a proper X merge pipe, 100 cell ballistic cats and 4 into 1 pacies.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh Kingston, its an x-force twin 3", and yeh opens doors for cam and FI, its getting a cam 110%, 50/50 on stroker kit or just freshening up the bottom end so new rods and forged pistons with fly cuts in them and using the current crank over winter so will work well for future plans :)

Going back to a place next saturday and sit down and continue discussions i had with them before easter and the ls1 nats, i was in two minds to go with a current cam i have at home or as i had decided go a bigger cam as doing the bottom end at same time, they were very helpful in initial discussions and have it all sorted except bottom end so got to sit down and work out that last bit then right down a final list of what i need and yeh go from there.

Kingston_99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute STROKED/BLOWN
X-force=fail!!
stay away from it mate. go get a nice exhuast system or make an custom one if you plan to do major engine work in the future!

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
Oh ok, heard a couple of people say that, was looking at the sure flow twin 2.5" into single 3.5" cat back system, that's about $650 in mild steel from memory.