Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stance project VE SSV (help & input required please)

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
just saw this online and im in love!!!

10632724_555937357869154_7976003552717663345_n.jpg

Edit; I found the wheel specs 245/35R20 tyres and 20x10 30P all round

Last edited:

JNew

Reaction score
So update, on project.

Had all 4 guards rolled last night. Kevin from Precision Guard Rolling, did a fantastic job, $62.50 each guard. He even ground back the bumper tabs and relocated the joining screw.

Ordered wheels today. Will arrive in 2 weeks. 20"x8.5" +20 running 225/35 for the front and 20"x10" +20 running 245/35 for the rear. I am a little concerned about rear offset being +20 and 10" as according to willtheyfit.com they will poke 53.7mm more than standard and when I did a measure I only had about 47mm to play with from standard. The plan is to run the tyres tucked into the arches.

Does anyone have any experience with machining the hub offsets, I might have to bring the offset back to +25 and can anyone recommend in Brisbance area that does this? Is there any problems taking out say 5mm?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
So update, on project.

Had all 4 guards rolled last night. Kevin from Precision Guard Rolling, did a fantastic job, $62.50 each guard. He even ground back the bumper tabs and relocated the joining screw.

Ordered wheels today. Will arrive in 2 weeks. 20"x8.5" +20 running 225/35 for the front and 20"x10" +20 running 245/35 for the rear. I am a little concerned about rear offset being +20 and 10" as according to willtheyfit.com they will poke 53.7mm more than standard and when I did a measure I only had about 47mm to play with from standard. The plan is to run the tyres tucked into the arches.

Does anyone have any experience with machining the hub offsets, I might have to bring the offset back to +25 and can anyone recommend in Brisbance area that does this? Is there any problems taking out say 5mm?

Adjust camber & run stretch. Do not machine a pre-built wheel to adjust offset as you'll lose depth & strength from the lug mounting location & the hub.

Cheers
Mat

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
20"x10" +20 running 245/35 for the rear

Your going to love this fit! If your worried tho and they do poke then call Kevin back and get the rear guards pumped more. Probably should have got the wheels first and then called him.

I hope he didn't do much to the front as there rolled from factory so all he did was pump the guard out wider. You may want to add a 5mm spacer to the front the get it matching the rears right fit but I can't wait for pictures when the wheels are on

JNew

Reaction score
Your going to love this fit! If your worried tho and they do poke then call Kevin back and get the rear guards pumped more. Probably should have got the wheels first and then called him.

I hope he didn't do much to the front as there rolled from factory so all he did was pump the guard out wider. You may want to add a 5mm spacer to the front the get it matching the rears right fit but I can't wait for pictures when the wheels are on

He only rolled the fronts to make that ledge flat against the fender becuase it will be so low I don't want to turn the wheel and have the tread grab a bite of the little ledge and turn the fender into a sardine tin.

I can't wait either, if I need to I can always have 5mm taken out of the back of the wheel hub. As this is how they actually make the wheel in the first place. They have 2 dies, 1 low offset and 1 high offset and machine down to fit desired offset.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
He only rolled the fronts to make that ledge flat against the fender.

but it shouldn't be flat, it should be rolled factory. I'll take a photo of mine later n post.

If I need to I can always have 5mm taken out of the back of the wheel hub. As this is how they actually make the wheel in the first place. They have 2 dies, 1 low offset and 1 high offset and machine down to fit desired offset.

While that is true I would rather pump the body 5mm but I spose that's because I've spent too much time on stancenation lol

JNew

Reaction score
but it shouldn't be flat, it should be rolled factory. I'll take a photo of mine later n post.

While that is true I would rather pump the body 5mm but I spose that's because I've spent too much time on stancenation lol

I would have to pump the fronts out 19mm to even it up with the rear. That's why I had the front guards done. Your picture of the purple VE inspired me. Hopefully I'll still be able to tuck the tyres right into the guards and have the rim poke.

JNew

Reaction score
wish I knew the wheels specs but only found that pic online :D

Which bolts are camber adjustment on the rear? Found a diagram but struggle to see where the pics relate to.

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8