Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Standstill Burnouts????? Please read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardW

Reaction score
I am still laughing at some of the posts. Why you would want to do massive burn outs and kill your tyres and get a big fine if you got caught I dont know.

To add to this list I think if the car has a LSD then it can not have TC. Thats what I have heard anyway. My car is a ex cop with the cop pack and it has a LSD and no TC. They cant go together. Well thats what I have been told anyway.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
RichardW said:
My car is a ex cop with the cop pack and it has a LSD and no TC. They cant go together. Well thats what I have been told anyway.

Yes they can. My car has both.

Some of the Police pack VY V8s were ordered without traction control because the police hated it.

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Reinforcing what clixanup says....Yes you definately can have T/C with or without LSD.

J2112

R8-HSV-06
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV R8 M6
clixanup said:
Yes they can. My car has both.

Some of the Police pack VY V8s were ordered without traction control because the police hated it.

I have a VYII SS 2004.

NO T/C button.

Spinning the rear wheels is too easy, so it mustnt have T/C.

i think its an ex-cop car

RAZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
I have a VY1 Acclaim and it has traction and a T/C off button.. Its pretty easy to tell if you have traction control or not.. I park on a grass bank alot and if i accelerate 2 hard after rain traction comes in and kills the power.. Its VERY noticable..the revs die considerably..
Im pretty sure If you had it you would know...
Ive never heard of commies having traction without an off button..

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
IRS and standstills are heaps harder to do it just bogs down unlike live axel which has no problems but tyre size is factor such as 205's will spin easier with less effort than 235's

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
RichardW said:
I am still laughing at some of the posts. Why you would want to do massive burn outs and kill your tyres and get a big fine if you got caught I dont know.

To add to this list I think if the car has a LSD then it can not have TC. Thats what I have heard anyway. My car is a ex cop with the cop pack and it has a LSD and no TC. They cant go together. Well thats what I have been told anyway.

Firstly.. Kill your tyres? I've got my stock steels with 1 or 2mm of tread on them.. I've got no use for these.. They make good burnout wheels..

Big fines? Nothing illegal about doing them on private property..

But the big question.. Why?

The smell of burning rubber, the feeling.. MMMM.. Love it..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'ma gonna go with Doc Bobby on this one...

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Shounak said:
Big fines? Nothing illegal about doing them on private property..
It's a shame that not many people adhere to this simple principle, and take to doing burnouts in the public arena. Whilst the smell of burning rubber is alluring, it still amounts to vandalism, disturbing the peace and reckless endangerment. I once saw a guy side swipe a traffic light and completely destroy it. Does he have any idea how much traffic lights cost?!? To install a set of traffic lights at a simple intersection, costs in the vicinity of $400,000!! Who pays for the damage - he sure didn't; he got his 10 second jolly and left the city with a bill that would amount to more than twice the value of his car... Whilst I would like to say that this guy is a minority, unfortunately, he is not. This sort of behaviour takes place all the time.

Jordo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Whats the easiest way to check if you VZ has an LSD or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.