Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] Starr Performance Manifold

v8fazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
MKAL Automotive is latest I know to their version of starr intake with ls throttle body....no idea on pricing

Would be nice to know yet suspect off putting for most of us.

MKAL Automotive are still doing them, but they can no longer get the original necks to weld on so now fabricate their own.

They use an Edelbrock throttle body that adds $800 to the cost straight up, when all is said and done your looking at not much change from $2K after you supply the factory manifold and throttle body as they use fittings off the factory TB on the Edelbrock TB

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Have a look on Aussie v8"s. The general consensus is that they are a waste of money as you are still dealing with the banana manifold and that is where the problem lies.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Quite a few of us really liked the starr concept....main issue was bang for bucks versus single plane for money & performance.

Lots of dudes did there own versions.

You're either banana tragic or not...if you are expect lots of limitations & need to put alot more thought into selection if parts to make whole combo work knowing in back of your mind it won't have dyno numbers or timeslips for same coin on aftermarket setup BUT if you can make it quick & still look stock under bonnet you'll think it's very cool.

You're mates will still think you're a nutjob lol

v8fazz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
Have a look on Aussie v8"s. The general consensus is that they are a waste of money as you are still dealing with the banana manifold and that is where the problem lies.

Quite a few of us really liked the starr concept....main issue was bang for bucks versus single plane for money & performance.

Lots of dudes did there own versions.

You're either banana tragic or not...if you are expect lots of limitations & need to put alot more thought into selection if parts to make whole combo work knowing in back of your mind it won't have dyno numbers or timeslips for same coin on aftermarket setup BUT if you can make it quick & still look stock under bonnet you'll think it's very cool.

You're mates will still think you're a nutjob lol

Thanks guys, I appreciate they are definitely far from ideal if your out to make max power from your combo, but for a mild 304 which is all I was planning to go for, I figured it would be good match, with the bonus of still looking stock.

If I cant find a good one for a reasonable price I will weigh up my options and maybe consider more engine upgrades with a Torque Power dual plane manifold and Active twin throttle body hat :)

Cheers.