Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stat Warranty replaced engine

kubsnazx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon '06
Has anyone had any experience with this?

1 month after buying from a 2nd hand dealer, i had (since diagnosed) a broken timing chain guide. Among other things the dealers mechanic then recommended better to replace the engine.

All good, however my engine had only 60k on the clock....

Dealer assured me that the engine sourced will have low km's. The replacement engine itself came from Just commodore spares, and to this day, i dont know how many k's is on the motor, they claimt hey dont have the info.. Registrations cant/wont tell me anything about the engine untill I have transfered the engine number to my paperwork.

What sort of KM"s would you think would be acceptable. If not acceptable, engine is already in the car, then what?

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
registry would'nt know how many klms the motor had done, get the engine mumber and just work out at 20ks average per year, a farked timing chain at 60klm, would this be an ex camera car?

kubsnazx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon '06
It is a police pack vehicle...

grantlyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Calais 5.7
realisticly almost any engine would be better than one thats spend most of its life idling or being revved off its tits so i wouldnt stress too much about too much.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Most commodore engines should reach at least 250,000 k's usually more before they have any serious issues, aside from the ooccasional bad batch of timing chains and things like that