Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stereo upgrades

Metalhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
Hey all. After my beloved VF11 SV6 was badly damaged in the recent Adelaide hail storm I may be forced to look at buying an RS-V. The stereos are pretty average to say the least. I have an amp and sub in my VF running through the factory touch screen and I would like to do the same to a ZB. Has anyone had any experience with the ZB stereos? I don't want to put a new head unit in.

Thanks.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the rsv will have a different base unit but you should be able to use some of this information to help installing an amp

the service manual will help with wiring colors for the base unit in the rsv

Jack GS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 Buick Regal GS

Metalhed

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SV6
Hey all. After my beloved VF11 SV6 was badly damaged in the recent Adelaide hail storm I may be forced to look at buying an RS-V. The stereos are pretty average to say the least. I have an amp and sub in my VF running through the factory touch screen and I would like to do the same to a ZB. Has anyone had any experience with the ZB stereos? I don't want to put a new head unit in.

Thanks.

We tried to change the speakers in my wifes Acadia but the stereo went into meltdown and we had to take the new ones out and put the factory speakers back in. I think it had something to do with the active noise cancellation.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
We tried to change the speakers in my wifes Acadia but the stereo went into meltdown and we had to take the new ones out and put the factory speakers back in. I think it had something to do with the active noise cancellation.

the best way is to tap into the base units output for the speakers and run a 3rd party amp with hi-input.
the arcadia, equinox, zb, malibu, colorado all have the same headunits with some variation between years and trim levels but they can all have upgrades added to the existing system.

it is best to tap into the rear speaker output as it will not carry the indicator and forward alert sounds but it will still have the reverse alerts when something is behind you because of the spatial audio/alert system.