Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight Cuts

IsseiHuko

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais
You would have to rewire it and reprogram the computer. Not an easy task by any means and requires someone who knows what they are doing and has done it before.

If you managed to do this, you would be re-writing Commodore history.
There have been many that have tried before.

I really don't get what you are trying to do? I mean I get you want to run it on a track, but thats going to grenade in a day. There's a $6-8k recon and it won't be a good one.

It is easier to do a 6L80e conversion on an older Commodore. There is quite a bit on these conversions now here on the forum, just not on a series 1 VE. The CANbus networks are too complicated. You could do it if you rewire the car and design new modules for the task, or buy a smashed series 2, totally strip both the cars bare and swap it all over into yours giving you the direct injection engine and 6 speed auto. Or you could sell yours and just buy a series 2.

You straight out have the wrong car for the task.
honestly, Challenge accepted, Im currently trying my best to push the LY7 to it’s limits, If i do it then I’ll make my name known

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
honestly, Challenge accepted, Im currently trying my best to push the LY7 to it’s limits, If i do it then I’ll make my name known

If you get onto the speedway boys, they will point you in the right direction for engine mods for racing.

As for gearbox choice.....Circuit cars run manuals....The only race cars that run autos are quarter mile and roll racing beasts...

Go get your manual licence.....Yes, you need to reset the driving test (not the theory) to obtain it....Not that expensive...You'd spend more trying to get the 5 speed auto to last, or a 6 speed auto conversion that what it'd set you back to get your manual licence

IsseiHuko

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Calais
If you get onto the speedway boys, they will point you in the right direction for engine mods for racing.

As for gearbox choice.....Circuit cars run manuals....The only race cars that run autos are quarter mile and roll racing beasts...

Go get your manual licence.....Yes, you need to reset the driving test (not the theory) to obtain it....Not that expensive...You'd spend more trying to get the 5 speed auto to last, or a 6 speed auto conversion that what it'd set you back to get your manual licence
I might put a manual into it and strictly use it for the track and buy another Car for a backup, maybe a cruze

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
9 laps

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just get a T56 and be done with it.

Only good autos are the 4l80E and the 6l80E.