Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sub randomly cuts out then returns?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I tend to shy away from circuit breakers due to a voltage loss often seen under load.

jay87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Maybe it took 3 months for the cable to be damaged. Mine took 2-3 before it started doing the same thing as well. Then I turned it down and can hold bass for longer before shutting off. But prior to that I was using the same cables for 3 years with no fault. Maybe the build up of heat has caused issues with the wires inside the insulation and can't carry the same load anymore. Maybe as an experiment try running new 4ga wiring just around the outside of the car to make it easier to test instead of going through the fire wall. Then turn gain back up and crank it. See how long it takes to cut out. If it does then it's something else. If it doesn't, you found the problem. Wiring needs to be replaced with the next thickest one.

Sent from my HTC one using Tapatalk 2

mitchone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 s pack ute
so jay87 was right. dunno why but i ran a thicker wire round the out side of the car and did a few tweaks and it was thumping fine so i swapped over all my power wires and put a bigger fuse in etc. everythings fine now. cant see any obvious damage on my old power cable but it mightve had some internal damage or something.
even found a hole in the floor from the old owners wiring so i gave that a quick dodgy patch up to stop water coming through. after all that i just needed to swap a wire D: hopefully it doesnt go to **** again hey!