Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Subs in a car on gas??

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
those setups are well clear of the tank, the way i had my subs in the old XE, i had 2 subs, 1 either side of the tank pointing rearward with the magnets 10mm from the tank, needed max space so i used a mdf board to cover the tank and mounted the subs on that (freeair) neat and clean and still here today.

pitty i never got a pic

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
nah mate you shood be fine iv have a jl audio w3 in my car ****en pumps and a gas tank as well for about a year now and i havent blown up.. also my brother has a tank in his and a sub and its been good.
since we are on the topic i want to know how i can stop my car from backfiring my gas never ran well .. (not because of the sub) but because iv had alot of problems with it .. i finaly got the converter replaced that my macanic said will fix. it fixed the bad idling and stalling but i still have a problem it still backfires and pops the airfilter off. it still runs good but i wish it just stoped popping .. only when i accelerate more then average it does that but i shood be able to ride my car without on gas confortabley without bigg popping noises which scar the **** out of me plus i have to stop and put the pod filter back on. the reason i have a pod filter is because my normal filter broke from all the backfiring so i just pop this back on.
DOES ANYONE NO alot about vx on gas or does anyone have gas of there own and have expirianced this themselfs and no how to fix it.
I AM SICK OF THIS .. espectialy when iv forked out hundreds to thousands of dollors fixing my car because of gas related issues since iv had my car.
Sorry for taking over but im just abit frustrated with gas i sware iv spent more money on fixing the ****en thing then driving on gas.

Farax

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
nah mate you shood be fine iv have a jl audio w3 in my car ****en pumps and a gas tank as well for about a year now and i havent blown up.. also my brother has a tank in his and a sub and its been good.
since we are on the topic i want to know how i can stop my car from backfiring my gas never ran well .. (not because of the sub) but because iv had alot of problems with it .. i finaly got the converter replaced that my macanic said will fix. it fixed the bad idling and stalling but i still have a problem it still backfires and pops the airfilter off. it still runs good but i wish it just stoped popping .. only when i accelerate more then average it does that but i shood be able to ride my car without on gas confortabley without bigg popping noises which scar the **** out of me plus i have to stop and put the pod filter back on. the reason i have a pod filter is because my normal filter broke from all the backfiring so i just pop this back on.
DOES ANYONE NO alot about vx on gas or does anyone have gas of there own and have expirianced this themselfs and no how to fix it.
I AM SICK OF THIS .. espectialy when iv forked out hundreds to thousands of dollors fixing my car because of gas related issues since iv had my car.
Sorry for taking over but im just abit frustrated with gas i sware iv spent more money on fixing the ****en thing then driving on gas.

yeah mines kind of similar if i floor it off gear 1 it moves well, but pops after about 4000-5000rpm... so when some fast take offs are needed to done just switch it on petrol

DontBeShy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Acclaim Series 2 - 3.8ltre
my old vr on gas useda back fire and blow holes in the air intake after putting a pod filter on there was nomore backfires or blown air intakes ran well. just get a k&n and not soem 20 dollar filter

Timmos

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
10' VE SSV
my old vr on gas useda back fire and blow holes in the air intake after putting a pod filter on there was nomore backfires or blown air intakes ran well. just get a k&n and not soem 20 dollar filter

What did you do with that pipe that takes the excess gas and filters it back through the air intake? I've thought of doing the same thing with mine with a pod..

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
mine does the same (vs ecotec). Iv been told to get it serviced and get a DECENT tune. But apparently once u get it tuned to run on gas only, it runs like a dog on petrol so its one or the other.

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
yeah same here Farex when i hit it around 4-5000rpm it will pop so i ussally take it easy on gas though now my macanic gave it a nice tune and said if it pops agen we'll see agen .. but its ran good since then.
yeah its just holdens i dont no how my brothers vt ran so well with gas and he treats that car so ****, he never drives it on petrol either which you need to every so often and he just swiches it to gas straight away when he turns on the car which is bad,
he had his for 3 years i had mine for 1 and iv had way more problems then him which gets me abit cut.
but yeah if any1 has a major problem with gas on idleing and popping check if the converter works well because that was my main problem (set me back a good 350) but now it runs pretty well.
if you car starts fine and swiches to gas without stallling you guys have nothing to deal with compared to what i did.
spent about 1000 on mine fixing fixing **** that ****ed up on my car because of gas. and it didnt ****en run well till my macanic realised it was the bloody converter that was fualty. but ahwell you learn by your mistakes at least i finaly get to use gas decent now although miss the power on petrol.
and Fkford your right about getting it tuned it ussaly runs better on 1 and **** on the other gas runs more rich then petrol and you need 1 abit higher then the other ...

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
subs and gas tanks are safe as long as there are no shorts and gas leaks , faulty wiring is the headache thou poorly insulated and routed wiring seen many amp power wires run thru a poorly cut hole in the firewall with no insulation around the wiring or a grommet in the metal . 16 years doing gas conversion i have welded shields on tank straps when the gas tanks are full or even half full and im still here today , even welding exhaust systems or body panels with a gas tanks installed never had a problem , Biggest causes for back firing when on gas can be the base engine tune , checking spark plug leads and plug gaps , check manifold gaskets for vacum leaks , injector seals for swelling or shrinkage , EGR valves for leaks or punctured diaphragms , stalling problems can be related to incorrectly placed balance line or lack of balance on the convertor , incorrect tune settings weather it be software settings or to lean or rich at idle , once these have been looked at then you can start looking at the gas convertor and the mixer set ups , Electrical connections may look good from the outside but lack enough tension in the crimp to hold a good connection or to hold onto another connection , unsolder-ed wiring connections can corrode or if the wiring is simply twisted together and covered with tape after some use they can work loose , Poor installation and choice of equipment can lead to engine damage from poor running poor mixture control running to lean tends to burn out valves and over work the ignition system .

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
is yours not dual fuel?

yes it is duel fuel but like fkford said as well if u tune you car to gas it runs like dog **** on petrol
mine is tuned the best me and my macanic can to get the best of both but occationaly we have to do it every so often so it runs well on gas
at the moment its running decent on gas and **** on petrol.. its not bad after u drive for abit then flick back to petrol but on start up the car shakes alot and sometimes stalls when i start my car on petrol.
but i ussaly let it prime and let it run on petrol for a minet before i drive and its pretty good from then. i might tune it agen myself soon... hopefully i get no more problems with it but yeah im happy my car runs at least. at the moment im cheap so id rather take it easy then and cheap fuel then have power.