Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sudden Loss of Power Steering WHEN DRIVING

Fitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 VF wagon
So, a bloke at the dealership says it has nothing to do with them. I pointed out they sold the car and under Australian consumer law it had everything to do with them. Well, now I’m cross.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So, a bloke at the dealership says it has nothing to do with them. I pointed out they sold the car and under Australian consumer law it had everything to do with them. Well, now I’m cross.
Which part has nothing to do with them? The language in your posts is very vague.

Fitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 VF wagon
Which part has nothing to do with them? The language in your posts is very vague.

The repair, replace, refund under Australian consumer law.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Fitzie ring up your consumer action body in ACT and discuss your safety related major fault concerns with them, especially the issue with the seller stating “nothing to do with them”. The consumer body will clarify the situation for you.

Then ring HCC and outline your safety concern for major fault of loss of steering power assistance and the dealers uncaring attitude and false representation (presumably) that you have to go to the manufacturer for a remedy. State you want HCC to sort out your issue now and also sort out the lack of understanding of ACL that their dealer exhibited.

You may also want to read Holden undertaking to ACCC as this should clarify a few other issues for you. But all this has been said before within this thread and it’s only 25 pages and the linked references to read o_O

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
The repair, replace, refund under Australian consumer law.

Repair, Replace or Refund of what exactly? The vehicle which they have already sent a recall notice for? All this, after you have conversations about the parts availability and the car is taken to them on a tow truck? Something smells off in the amount of information you're feeding us. It doesnt add up to any logical sense.

My car’s VIN is not on the recall list and I haven’t received a letter. I got the EPS one but not the power steering one.

Fitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 VF wagon
Repair, Replace or Refund of what exactly? The vehicle which they have already sent a recall notice for? All this, after you have conversations about the parts availability and the car is taken to them on a tow truck? Something smells off in the amount of information you're feeding us. It doesnt add up to any logical sense.

Dude, why would I hide anything? Posting not ‘feeding’. I’ve said everything that they’ve told me. My posts aren’t any different to anything anyone else has posted. What exactly are you not getting? My car is under a recall. As @Skylarking has noted I have rights under consumer law. Are you suggesting that because a recall has been made I have no rights under consumer law? I don’t get the aggro.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
My car’s VIN is not on the recall list and I haven’t received a letter. I got the EPS one but not the power steering one.

Yeah, got the EPS one well after I complained there was a problem with it and Holden said they couldn’t find anything wrong.

I rang a Holden dealership today. She said there’s no parts, which we knew...they’ve booked me in on Monday. .

So, a bloke at the dealership says it has nothing to do with them.

Dude, why would I hide anything? Posting not ‘feeding’. I’ve said everything that they’ve told me. My posts aren’t any different to anything anyone else has posted. What exactly are you not getting? My car is under a recall. As @Skylarking has noted I have rights under consumer law. Are you suggesting that because a recall has been made I have no rights under consumer law? I don’t get the aggro.
First off, settle down. No need to get hysterical. Nothing i have said is in anyway aggressive. I made no suggestions at all other than the fact that your posts are vague in information.

Read back the way you've posted in this thread. You start by telling people that you have received a recall notice, which one you seem unsure of, because at the same time you claim to have received nothing PS related as your vehicle falls outside of the VIN range. You then say that they've looked at it, but found no issue, follow that up by telling us that you've spoken to them, confirmed that they infact have no parts available for the recall, but that you're then getting the car sent in on a tow truck. At which time somebody has told you that, although they've acknowledged, by letter, that the vehicle needs a recall to happen on it (one that there are no parts for) they're suddenly not going to do anything about it, ever?

Fitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore SV6 VF wagon
Not what I said. I said they said it has nothing to do with them.

You’re accusing me of something, who knows what. My crime appears that I haven’t been succinct enough for you. Can’t help that.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
@Fitzie effort would be better spent doing your homework before contacting Access Canberra and later HCC.

@Sabbath' not sure why the car was towed but it could have been a cost neutral exercise via roadside assistance (but even when paying it’s a recoverable cost afforded by ACL). The benefit of towing could be that it preserves the intermittent DTC which clears itself with a few engine starts or it defines the owners loss of confidence in the safety of the vehicle. Who knows but not so relevant ATM.

In my view, for those who experience a failure, Holden should do the correct thing and replace the rack immediately, not expect the owner to drive a potentially dangerous car for another 2+ months while Holden get their kit of parts ready (sh!t together).

May be this should have been a mandatory recall forced by the regulator as it would have made the whole process more transparent.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not what I said. I said they said it has nothing to do with them.
And as i asked before, which part? You've got the letter apparently saying the car needs the recall. You've spoken to them about parts and know that they have no parts or work method available to them and they've taken the car in on a tow truck for some reason that you agreed to allow them to do. So now, you're telling us that 'some bloke has informed you it's 'nothing to do with them'

You’re accusing me of something, who knows what. My crime appears that I haven’t been succinct enough for you. Can’t help that.
Im not accusing you of anything, im telling you that your responses are vague and that the logic process behind your story makes no sense for Holden to officially turn around and tell you that, with the paperwork and information available to both parties they're not doing anything. And im asking for more information, funnily enough, to try and help you in this process.