Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Suggested Body mods?

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
thanks guys,
aha yeah, i realised what it was after spending some time trying to find a HDBB lip, it was only for google when i realised it was supposed to be "HBD" lol
not too sure about the whole JDM look, i want it to look close to stock, but have its unique parts that makes it an individual, and also sorta change the whole "grandpas car" look it has at the moment with the hubcaps, and sitting a few extra inches higher than it should be off the ground,

Exterior wise im thinking pretty much what steve said, maybe do a few home-custom bits here and there
as for the sheet metal fabrication goes, im sure with the money it will look great, ive actually got a cert IV in Fabrication/Welding and Cert II in manufacturing & Engineering, so i can give it a shot myself if i had time, but, not too keen on it aha

thanks for the suggestions guys,
heaps appreciated

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
so here is the car so far,
IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

im aware the grill looks disgusting, im just waiting for an SS one to arrive,

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
also why dont you pull the facia off and spray that too?

Mysterious-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rb30 VK
well, i originally planned to paint that, but i came across a few issues removing buttons & dials etc.

as for holden/transformer badges, i wanted to remove the holden badge on the boot, unaware of the mounting pins, so once i had the badge removed i had 2 holes in my bootlid
so i decided on just chucking some transformer badges there as a temporary fix :)

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
I think what will look good if you paint all the plack plastic parts on the car to match the paint, ie door handles rear bumper diffuser, and mirrors. Not a fan of the transformers badges but it's your car so if you like it that's all that matters. Nice work so far :). Are those plastic trim pieces on the dash easy to remove (just pull off?) because I'm thinking of painting mine.

nousernameyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6
take off ur muddies before u do anything else!

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
a holden badge wouldnt have been much more then a transformers badge though?

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I think what will look good if you paint all the plack plastic parts on the car to match the paint, ie door handles rear bumper diffuser, and mirrors. Not a fan of the transformers badges but it's your car so if you like it that's all that matters. Nice work so far :). Are those plastic trim pieces on the dash easy to remove (just pull off?) because I'm thinking of painting mine.

yeah mate just pull off...

well, i originally planned to paint that, but i came across a few issues removing buttons & dials etc.

as for holden/transformer badges, i wanted to remove the holden badge on the boot, unaware of the mounting pins, so once i had the badge removed i had 2 holes in my bootlid
so i decided on just chucking some transformer badges there as a temporary fix :)

mate its not that hard to pull of dude ive done it.. the buttons just pop out the only problem are the parts around the HVAC dials dont come off just tape them up you'll be fine... just make sure when u pull everything out you have it face down.. because all the little bits fall out.. if you do it and get stuck give me a PM and ill see if i can help.