Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Summernats 2011

Beardie

NDK
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Turbo, 1984 VK Berlina v8, 1998 VT Wagon
Hey guys,
i was there this year in my VK commodore that me and 2 mates built from the ground up.
i must say i found the behaviour of the bogans on tuff street to be very dissapointing, i dont enjoy ppl trying to rip my cars doors open to try to grab the girls sitting inside of it, one its a easy way to damage a car that we have put a untold amount of time, money and effort into, two its not fair on the poor girls that have to endure that sorta ****, this was at 2pm on saturday btw so its not like i was cruising around late in the afternoon.

I mean the 3 of us all entered on the car this year and payed nearly 600 dollars in entrant fees alone, i was hopeing i could cruise for a bit longer than half a day before the trouble started, but oh well thems the brakes i guess,
all i can say is im looking foward to powercruise, more of a drivers event and thats what apeals to me more these days

anyways here a pic of her on the grass on saturday arvo shes a little dusty but oh well lol
nats2011.jpg

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
i took a heap of pics in the top 60/elite hall. and a heap of mostly older cars about the place, no skid pics but i got some average footage. can post some up in the next few days when i get a chance, what do u guys want to see. holden/ford, mild/insane, hot rod/muscle cars, shiny/rough?

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
I worked all Friday and it was the easiest day I've had there. Burnouts actually finished early for once and we didn't have people coming down saying that they didn't get a run. I went in Saturday for a look and ended up working when the masters. Sunday I got soaked while working. Overall it was a good weekend and Saturday seemed to have more people than I've seen in years.

VK - I never ended up doing laps (apart from one as I drove in looking for a car park) so that's why I never called.
OK, Thats cool. Yeah, I got some pics of you parked as well....
So, did anyone get any pics?

Hey guys,
i was there this year in my VK commodore that me and 2 mates built from the ground up.
i must say i found the behaviour of the bogans on tuff street to be very dissapointing, i dont enjoy ppl trying to rip my cars doors open to try to grab the girls sitting inside of it, one its a easy way to damage a car that we have put a untold amount of time, money and effort into, two its not fair on the poor girls that have to endure that sorta ****, this was at 2pm on saturday btw so its not like i was cruising around late in the afternoon.

I mean the 3 of us all entered on the car this year and payed nearly 600 dollars in entrant fees alone, i was hopeing i could cruise for a bit longer than half a day before the trouble started, but oh well thems the brakes i guess,
all i can say is im looking foward to powercruise, more of a drivers event and thats what apeals to me more these days

anyways here a pic of her on the grass on saturday arvo shes a little dusty but oh well lol
nats2011.jpg
Thats why i didnt see you, You have plates on, I was looking for the VK with NOTDADZ plates like last year. LOL
So i did see you cruising, I remember those wheels on a VK
Anything older just cruising around for me....(Holdens and Chevs if possible :) )
Im uploading now, ill just post a link to the FB album, might be a while though...

168879_498685749242_552394242_5911382_513163_n.jpg

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
And then this happened... For the mother####ing loss

165392_498695874242_552394242_5911588_3985825_n.jpg

Beardie

NDK
Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Turbo, 1984 VK Berlina v8, 1998 VT Wagon
yeah mate shes all rego'd this year, its not really the same car as last year anymore, so decided to leave the notdadz plates off it this year

DT6527

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS & VY R8
I'm going to be brutally honest here and say that they shouldn't let in standard cars period, even very lightly modded cars for that matter (just wheels and a chrome exhaust tip isn't enough, unless it's EXCEPTIONALLY well detailed). Seriously, if I wanted to go look at a bunch of standard cars, I'd go have a walk around my local shopping centre car park....The ONLY exceptions to the rule should be factory muscle cars (GT's, A9X/SLR 5000 Toranas, HK-T-G Monaros etc.) or totally restored classics. I go to Summernats to look at street machines, not stockers.

I reckon the last 2 times I've been, i would have looked at probably half of the show & shine, the other half i just walked straight past.

Sure, the entrant numbers would be a bit down on what they are now, but the quality of cars/the show would take a huge leap forward IMO.

Flame away...:p

I couldnt agree more.
I have a supercharged VZ that makes over 400kw at the tyres and I dont enter it because i dont think it is up to a standard that i think should be at the show. Some of the cars i seen this year were just stupid. I also think that this should be an elite car show only.
Alot of the cars there had hundreds of thousands spent on them and then pull up next to some one who bought there car for $2000 then slapped some 18 inch wheels on it and call it a show car.
As for the drunken ########s, well thats just another reason my car will stay at home. I was embarrassed for them. Its a matter of time before some drunken fool gets hurt real bad, I seen countless burnouts with drunks surrounding the cars from every direction yelling and going crazy. Wait till one slips of the brake and takes 10 out in one go......i think that there has been more luck than skill that this hasnt happened yet.

But, as for the elite cars that did go..........awesome!!! alot of hard work in some of those cars.