Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sunburn... fighting the heat,

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I always thought because of that half wog blood in me I was immune to the sun.. bad assumption, burned up pretty badly a few weeks back, skin actually peeled off and crap.. am fine now though and lesson learned

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Use banana boat aloe vera spray, it is great for sunburn, make sure you get 2 or 3 bottles though, it feels really good so you sit back and spray it almost constantly.
haha done that many times at a mates place. we always used to go swimming at the river and get burnt to a crisp and wouldnt realise until we were kicking on later and were drunk

Blue-VZSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Sedan
for sunburn you can go the old way by rubbing on a freshly cut tomato for your back or the new method of applying vitamin E cream to any part that is burnt

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
well i fought the heat and won:w00t:
didnt try the tomato trick just woke up this morning and was in no pain on my forehead, now just got keep mositerising to stop the peeling happening

Blue-VZSSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Sedan
had a bloke crying on phone one night asking for one of our white trucks with flashing lights to come around and give him drugs to kill pain, took him to hospital instead, partial thickness burns.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Aloe-vera cream from the fridge, cold and wet face-washer and a gentle breeze. aircon will only dry your skin out more. drink lots of water, expect to sweat like a pig from the face... this is actually really good for it. fingers crossed you dont look like a pizza for the rest of your life.

slip, slop, slap and slide people... let intelligence rule for a bit.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
my back was red, dead, burnt like a roast a few weeks ago, moisturising cream rubbed on thick, constantly, my back was terrible, still is quite tanned tho, deep brown.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
couple years ago, i went up to Merimbula (NSW) for a few weeks... First day i was there I went fishing at 4am, thought to myself I dont need sun screen i'll be fine!! Got back home at about 10.30pm, and I was RED, and I mean RED. All over my body, legs, arms, face. All I was wearing were board shorts, so every thing that wasnt covered was burnt.

Aloe vera cream is good... But its not what I used... I used that about a week after when I was still a bit sore haha.

Believe it or not... Yoghurt. Just plain yoghurt... Put it on the burnt area, wait till it dries, rinse off with cold water.

I looked like a damn FOOL covered from head to toe in yoghurt, and everyone had a good laugh, but it took the stinging away and it did help :p