Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Superchargers

Milo 6.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf ssv wagon/2009 fg xr6t(daily
Glad i live in perth,cops could care less if you mind your own business and dont drive like a ********.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Glad i live in perth,cops could care less if you mind your own business and dont drive like a ********.
It's not so much the police in NSW, as what happens if you're involved in a prang & the insurance company decides to invoke the clause where they only cover legally registered cars for road use - and the registration isn't valid if it's not roadworthy.

Also the EPA used to be the biggest problem for young'uns in modified cars in Sydney. I don't know if anyone under about 45 has a modified car these days ...

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
It's not so much the police in NSW, as what happens if you're involved in a prang & the insurance company decides to invoke the clause where they only cover legally registered cars for road use - and the registration isn't valid if it's not roadworthy.

Also the EPA used to be the biggest problem for young'uns in modified cars in Sydney. I don't know if anyone under about 45 has a modified car these days ...
One of my apprentices had a nice little Japanese car which he put some mags on and installed a stereo his car was stolen and insurance would not payout because of not being notified of mags and stereo being installed. They said if we had known about the mags and stereo we would not have insured you therefore your insurance is canceled

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
Insurance, pay the little bit extra and insure with Shannons or similar 'enthusiast' insurer. List ALL your mods in detail, get agreed value, salvage rights and don't worry anymore. Have made 2 claims with modified cars through them and they have gone through no problem, no questions asked.

Companies like AAMI, Coles etc will wriggle out of anything even if your car is lowered.
Moral to this post.... You MUST tell your insurance company about ALL the mods your ride has. If they cancel or refuse your insurance better to find out now than later. Then go and find a more accommodating insurer or engage an insurance broker.

As for emissions... goodness me. As long as it doesn't stink at the lights don't worry.

When adding a blower or turbo. Yeah, not much I can offer on that front. Run the gauntlet. 99.9% of the time you'll be fine. How you go with the po po will come down to how you were driving before they pulled you over and your attitude.

Doing skids? Yep, they'll run the fine tooth comb over the car and hand out a big fat defect.

25km/h over the limit and a friendly attitude? A fine and see you later sir.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Jesus lmao. So how do people get around this if they daily their modified car?

roll-dice.jpg

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
In some states, 25kph or more over the limit is an automatic 3 or 6 month license suspension plus a big $$$ fine. In such cases the police aren’t accomodating as such excessive speeding behaviour is being clamped down on.

In those cases, a good attitude may not help unless it was absolute borderline, which I think is a 3kph leeway (remembering that booked speed is kph less than detected speed, so if more than 28kph, unlikely to not be suspended)

If you live in a gestapo state like Victoria (the infected state should be their next number plate slogan) forget it... They’ve even increased the $/‘penalty unit’ to recover their COVId spend :p

hjtrbo

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T / HJ Ute / VF2 R8
In some states, 25kph or more over the limit is an automatic 3 or 6 month license suspension plus a big $$$ fine. In such cases the police aren’t accomodating as such excessive speeding behaviour is being clamped down on.

In those cases, a good attitude may not help unless it was absolute borderline, which I think is a 3kph leeway (remembering that booked speed is kph less than detected speed, so if more than 28kph, unlikely to not be suspended)

If you live in a gestapo state like Victoria (the infected state should be their next number plate slogan) forget it... They’ve even increased the $/‘penalty unit’ to recover their COVId spend :p
The point I was trying to make is a friendly attitude will go a long way to avoid the dreaded 'can you pop the bonnet please mate'

VIC - The Infection State lolz

Yes I am from victoria. Bloody live hundreds of km from Melbourne but the government locks us down as well. Bloody disgusting. Willing to bet that if a country town had an outbreak they wouldn't lock the entire state down. The government seems to forget that there is a whole state of a million people outside of Melbourne. The Melbourne pollies can go and get f_cked.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

We are now classed as a 'Free Range Prison'....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The point I was trying to make is a friendly attitude will go a long way to avoid the dreaded 'can you pop the bonnet please mate'

VIC - The Infection State lolz

Yes I am from victoria. Bloody live hundreds of km from Melbourne but the government locks us down as well. Bloody disgusting. Willing to bet that if a country town had an outbreak they wouldn't lock the entire state down. The government seems to forget that there is a whole state of a million people outside of Melbourne. The Melbourne pollies can go and get f_cked.

Nevermind the growing list of regional exposure sites and positive sewerage testing in Bendigo and Mornington Peninsula.

Also reflect on the change of restrictions for regional Vic announced today.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
... as long as you're not 25.
Or being 25 and Driving Under The Influence Of Having A North African Appearance ... that'll earn your car a fine-toothed inspection!