Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 exhaust sound clips

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
Don't bother... Waste of money.

This is a genuine question: Why do almost all P plate V6 drivers want their V6s to sound like ****, be full of drone and generally attract unwanted attention as well as put them in the stereotype they're so adamant they're not part of? A V6 will NEVER sound like a V8 and every V6 with an aftermarket exhaust I've ever heard just makes me laugh! Except for my own, that on made me cry - such a waste of money.

He didnt say anything about it sound like a v8 his he? and thats your opinion if you think it sounds like **** or not. i honestly dont understand why you are so protective over your V8's, you say it on every post about. not every one can drive a 8 or afford it.
and some people like me just want to hear the car unlike stock

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Hi, i am tossing up whether to buy red back mufflers or an xforce 2.25 cat back. thing is though i really want to have a listen to the red backs on the alloytec sv6 so if anyone has a sound clip or maybe a video and could help me out it would be gretly appreciated :)
as a side note my car is auto if that makes a difference (drone etc)..

Note: I've searched through pretty much all the exhaust forums so please dont tell me to use the search bar etc etc...
also, i am a p plater, so no cant drive a v8 etc etc and yes i wanted a manual but no i couldnt get one...

just go with the mufflers 1st,you might get the sound your after.if not then explore getting the rest of the exhaust next also it wont cost as much as you already have the mufflers.in the end its your call not any one else.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Hi, i am tossing up whether to buy red back mufflers or an xforce 2.25 cat back. thing is though i really want to have a listen to the red backs on the alloytec sv6 so if anyone has a sound clip or maybe a video and could help me out it would be gretly appreciated :)
as a side note my car is auto if that makes a difference (drone etc)..

Note: I've searched through pretty much all the exhaust forums so please dont tell me to use the search bar etc etc...
also, i am a p plater, so no cant drive a v8 etc etc and yes i wanted a manual but no i couldnt get one...

just go with the mufflers 1st,you might get the sound your after.if not then explore getting the rest of the exhaust next. also it wont cost as much as you already have the mufflers.in the end its your call not any one else.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Huh? You said in your 1st post that you were looking at either Redback mufflers of a 2.25" x-force catback. An x-force catback is hardly a stock system + you're looking at spending either $450ish on a set of Redbacks or 2k on a full catback. Odd logic dude....you could just buy the Redbacks and bolt them onto your car yourself and if you don't like them unbolt them and sell.

I think the Redbacks are not a bad option on a budget. If you have an LLT or Alloytec then spend the extra bucks on some extractors to richen up the sound and also can't hurt performance. Don't listen to Rufys he/she is a bit of a pillock. I reckon you can get them sounding OK.

i am deciding between red back mufflers (which is the video that kuzman was kindly showing me but it had heaps of other mods.. also cost $400 for just the mufflers) with the rest of of the system stock or a xforce catback ($550). toooo right you are thats probly what i will do, just bolt it on and if i dont like it i will take it off :p .. and yea, he is

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
adam, redbacks will sound the same as his setup, except not as loud and probably more raspy. Personally I wouldn't worry about a catback, mufflers first, see if you like it and go from there.

hmm ok that gives me a better idea. i have read alot about your exhaust setup and people like it plus you seem really happy with it, what would you recomend to limit the raspiness after the red backs are put it? or i should say 'if it is raspy' .... these things seem to be a bit touch and go...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
sweet as. thanks for your help kuzman, i think ill go with the red backs and see how it is from there.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
He didnt say anything about it sound like a v8 his he? and thats your opinion if you think it sounds like **** or not. i honestly dont understand why you are so protective over your V8's, you say it on every post about. not every one can drive a 8 or afford it.
and some people like me just want to hear the car unlike stock

Protective? WTF? Every post? WTF? I say what I do because I'm as entitled as anyone else to say what I want within the rules of the forum. Someone asks for advice on after market exhausts for a V6 and I think it's a stupid idea, a waste of money and sound like utter garbage, so I say it. Not to mention I am speaking from experience when I once wanted my V6 to sound better and through away thousands trying to get it right all for what? Complete waste of time and money.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Protective? WTF? Every post? WTF? I say what I do because I'm as entitled as anyone else to say what I want within the rules of the forum. Someone asks for advice on after market exhausts for a V6 and I think it's a stupid idea, a waste of money and sound like utter garbage, so I say it. Not to mention I am speaking from experience when I once wanted my V6 to sound better and through away thousands trying to get it right all for what? Complete waste of time and money.
Bigger waste of money, buying a VE V6, selling it, buying a FG I6, selling it, then ending up again with another VE V6. Not to mention all the money you've spent on mods. Not only are you a troll, you're a hypocrite. If someone wants to spend abit of money on an exhaust I don't see the big deal. Especially when you've kissed away thousands buying essentially 3 of the same cars.