Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Oil Catch Can

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Thanks for all the info and pics. I liked that position but back to the drawing board for me. Looks like the 2011 LLT has to got on other side of motor. Thats where the hose is anyways.

Umm I am pretty sure you mount it on the same side as the LFX where the ECM is located. A mate of mine has a 2011 SV6 series 2 with the LLT SIDI engine and that's where he's is mounted. You might have the wrong PCV hose. I'll see if I can get him to post up a pic.

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
Here is how I have mounted mine on the LLT V6.

Above pic is where I bolted the mount. I used the bolt that holds the engine cover pin, I also spaced it out with a washer.
Use the mount that comes with the can, just cut it off to clear as it's too long then lock tight the bolt.

Oil collected.

MiKExAUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4 Series II
thats a fair bit mate. what kind of time period is that collected over?

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Cheers, now I get it. Couldn't see what was at the fire wall end and can't find a good manual to clarify what's what. Will order a can from Tuff site as a bit cheaper than ebay. USA is no cheaper due to shipping.

gomax

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6
Cheers, now I get it. Couldn't see what was at the fire wall end and can't find a good manual to clarify what's what. Will order a can from Tuff site as a bit cheaper than ebay. USA is no cheaper due to shipping.

But ya can get V6 bracket in ya order for about the same price with higher spec catch can as well :)

Tuff = 254.50 shipped

Eliite (US) = 258.70 shipped ( Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can + Optional LFX Catch Can Mounting Brackets)

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Just fitted a catch can to my SV6 2008 Its a Saikou Michi CO After about 2,000ks had about 10 mls of oil in can. My litres per 100ks has gone from 11.4 down to 8.4 best thing I have done the Inlet manifold had always have oil In the plastic tubing and throttle body. The motor has done 57,400klms. This catch can has a baffle Inside the can the company make to order approx $80.00 each plus postage cheaper if buying more than one.Their email address Is [email protected]

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Just fitted a catch can to my SV6 2008 Its a Saikou Michi CO After about 2,000ks had about 10 mls of oil in can. My litres per 100ks has gone from 11.4 down to 8.4 best thing I have done the Inlet manifold had always have oil In the plastic tubing and throttle body. The motor has done 57,400klms. This catch can has a baffle Inside the can the company make to order approx $80.00 each plus postage cheaper if buying more than one.Their email address Is [email protected]
Got a pic mate.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Was that can much cheaper than Elite $220 odd shipped from Vic. Looks to be a comparable size. Not too big like other brands. Did you get it from USA.