Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Oil Catch Can

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Yeh It comes from US much cheaper than Elite go to their web site they have a detailed account of their catch cans. I bought 2 catch cans with delivery $224.00. I will put up some photos of catch can were I have Installed It In SV6 2008 soon.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Catch can photos of my setup on SV6 2008 commodore ute. Top arrow into catch can comes from PCV valve itself. Second arrow near bottom outlet of catch can joins cut PCV valve hose, which inserts into the manifold. Hope this helps

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Yes, there is a butterfly drain plug on the bottom of the catch can. You can get access from the front of catch can where the hoses go Into It or from the bottom under the car. I have a 10mm pipe on the bottom of the can that feeds down to
the cross member through a hole. The 10mm hose fits tight over the metal butterfly drain fitting. They come standard on these cans.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Nice neat job.

I was going to say, now how do you get to the drain bolt to empty the dirty oil, there is not much room to move in the that location to place. But you answered that!..

Pyrex

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ute
How did you turn the outlet of the pcv to face the catch can. Mine faces the opposite way.

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
The ball valve on the drain is not a bad option although I should have plenty of room and a short hose will ensure no spill. Have to have another look to see if std or optional fittings position is best.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
The PCV Valve connection clips off and on. On the side off the connection there Is an open slot (see Photo) you just gently pull the little clip sideways and at the same time pull up the valve connection, she comes off. Or you can just turn it by hand to the position you want.

Mark17

hotrotor.17
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute 60th Ann
Thanks HEXEM

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON