Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 slight miss at idle

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The ZB was actually a good car to drive. 2 litre and also V6 were both good cars.
A couple of years ago I was crawling along in traffic and about 4 or 5 cars in front of me in the other lane was this silver sedan that wasn't a bad shape from the rear and down the side. I didn't know what it was, maybe a Hyundia or an Audi but looked good enough for a need to know what it is. I caught up with the car and surprised me to discover it was a ZB VXR! With prejudice aside that a ZB wasn't a proper Commodore, the shape of it along with the big exhaust outlets in the bumper and the nice sweep over the boot lid (VXR spoiler), I thought was honestly a good-looking car, nonetheless.

In a "proper colour" of course to get the full effect, it's a pretty smart looking car particularly from the rear!

aadocot18llkhykkse05v875p(1).jpg

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
A couple of years ago I was crawling along in traffic and about 4 or 5 cars in front of me in the other lane was this silver sedan that wasn't a bad shape from the rear and down the side. I didn't know what it was, maybe a Hyundia or an Audi but looked good enough for a need to know what it is. I caught up with the car and surprised me to discover it was a ZB VXR! With prejudice aside that a ZB wasn't a proper Commodore, the shape of it along with the big exhaust outlets in the bumper and the nice sweep over the boot lid (VXR spoiler), I thought was honestly a good-looking car, nonetheless.

In a "proper colour" of course to get the full effect, it's a pretty smart looking car particularly from the rear!

View attachment 242046
Sorry to hijack the thread.... I remember driving one of the first ZB wagons in December 2017 along the west gate freeway and a guy passed us and did a thumbs down as he drove past. The GF said I don't think he likes the new Commodore. I must admit the wagon didn't look that good from behind. This poor car did a trip down to Wilson Prom and along the gravel road to Cape Litrap lighthouse. A week later it was fanged around the proving ground with only 500km's on the dial.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 75

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sorry to hijack the thread.... I remember driving one of the first ZB wagons in December 2017 along the west gate freeway and a guy passed us and did a thumbs down as he drove past. The GF said I don't think he likes the new Commodore. I must admit the wagon didn't look that good from behind.
It could have looked like a Gallardo and he wouldn't have "liked it" ... his judgement came from GM's actions, wasn't related to the car in any way ... ZB is a perfectly good Renault!

Last edited:

iamandrew

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Wagon
My SV6 commodore had a slight idle issue and ended up being the air intake full of carbon build up. Was barely noticable, took holden 2 days to try to clean it by turning the motor one side, flooding it with cleaner, then doing the same to the other side

wagon37

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline Wagon, VZ Executive Wagon
I recently had a slight miss in my VZ Alloytec at idle and the problem was a small air leak at the inlet manifold. New seal fixed it.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Sorry to hijack the thread.... I remember driving one of the first ZB wagons in December 2017 along the west gate freeway and a guy passed us and did a thumbs down as he drove past. The GF said I don't think he likes the new Commodore.

A few years back I had a fellow almost climb out the driver's side window as he went past to scream at me that my VF Ute looked like sh*t.

At first I thought it was a friend before I realised I didn't know him.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as far as I'm concerned.

From the bum shot RevNev posted of the ZB it doesn't look too bad but as much as I like big exhaust openings in the bumper, I hate it when you can see the peashooters inside them.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I recently had a slight miss in my VZ Alloytec at idle and the problem was a small air leak at the inlet manifold. New seal fixed it.
I had a very slight miss in the VS a few times.
Our housemate, she‘s tiny, I doubt she’s much over 45kg …

Ralphski

Ralphski
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 VYII 3.8 Executive - MY11 VEII 3.6 Calais VV6
my LLT in my VE shakes around a bit at idle too, never really thought much of it as theres a million articles online about it being normal.
My LLT does exactly the same.