Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

System for a VZ Ute

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Once you finish your system i think you should post some photos an what you used lol, im getting a system soon but no idea what, i will just see what you use an get rough ideas haha :) i bought some new tweeters from a mate yesterday

Why did you just buy a set of tweeters, what are you going to do with them? What's wrong with the stock ones? There's not much point in just swapping out a set of tweeters, even if they are some what decent, you need to have balance through out the rest of the system.

Whitesack07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S
cause they were cheap an my mate needed some money, so he is selling stuff he has around his house, so i thought why not buy them

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
cause they were cheap an my mate needed some money, so he is selling stuff he has around his house, so i thought why not buy them

I still don't understand though. What are you going to do with them? If you replace your current stock tweeters and then want to upgrade in the future, are you just going to buy a set of mid bass drivers on their own and then try to source an appropriate crossover?

I'm not digging at you i just think that it's strange to buy a set of tweeters on their own with no real purpose for them (that you've mentioned so far)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
yeah ill upload photos and that as i go along whitesack haha though my main opinion though like i suggested before is keep it as a two speaker stereo and tweeters, no addition of more speakers cos its too loud for the cab haha i like the bass to dominate a little bit so more speakers would just defect that and also make it look untidy in my opinion haha but each to their own aswell

and #### one_and_only haha thats alotta money for just tweeters, you must be a big audio fan haha

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
yeah ill upload photos and that as i go along whitesack haha though my main opinion though like i suggested before is keep it as a two speaker stereo and tweeters, no addition of more speakers cos its too loud for the cab haha i like the bass to dominate a little bit so more speakers would just defect that and also make it look untidy in my opinion haha but each to their own aswell

and #### one_and_only haha thats alotta money for just tweeters, you must be a big audio fan haha

The amount of speakers you have has nothing to do with the amount of volume you will get. Turn your fader to one side, then back to the middle, it doesn't become twice as loud does it?

What will have an effect is the speakers themselves. Sweetfu also tried to explain to you that one pair of speakers correctly positioned will sound better than multiple set's poorly positioned.

A more expensive speaker doesn't mean that is will nessacarily be a louder speaker. In fact i know many speakers that are very expensive, that will not play very loud at all, but that is not what they are designed for. Pick a set of speakers that suits your needs.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo

You get what you pay for my friend - they're 100w RMS tweeters and sound fantastic.
If you're after something a bit cheaper I had a set of clarion 6.5" splits which did the job fairly well (70w RMS 130w peak).They cost me $240 from memory. Failing that alpine R splits are pretty decent too.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
You get what you pay for my friend - they're 100w RMS tweeters and sound fantastic.
If you're after something a bit cheaper I had a set of clarion 6.5" splits which did the job fairly well (70w RMS 130w peak).They cost me $240 from memory. Failing that alpine R splits are pretty decent too.

It all comes down to personal preference, because I don't like Alpine Type-R Splits and have never heard a Clarion speaker I like either. Not having a go at you, just saying from one person's point of view they may 'do the job' but from another they will not. Technically a $2 speaker from a garage sale would do the job.