Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 Australian software cards available. (genuine GM - not chinese)

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Gday Tas, yeah Ive got no spares left mate sorry, but the USA is where I get mine from. .. The holden dealer tech1's used here in oz are mostly all old original tech1's, its best to try to get the newer tech1A's which had a few more features including a screen that can be read out in the sunlight, and the tech1A's were water resistant..so yeah mate, the USA is the go, but postage is the killer..
The original aussie holden cartridges are the hardest thing to track down.. Some EFI places I contacted about them wanted over $1000 for each cartridge as theyd have to "make" them as theyre no longer available new.. I ended up getting my hands on an original set of cartridges(which cost me a small fortune), and copied their bin files, which I then program to old USA cartridges, turning them into aussie ones. Even the holden dealers cant get these cartridges new any more.

Last edited:

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Gday Tas, yeah Ive got no spares left mate sorry, but the USA is where I get mine from. .. The holden dealer tech1's used here in oz are mostly all old original tech1's, its best to try to get the newer tech1A's which had a few more features including a screen that can be read out in the sunlight, and the tech1A's were water resistant..so yeah mate, the USA is the go, but postage is the killer..
The original aussie holden cartridges are the hardest thing to track down.. Some EFI places I contacted about them wanted over $1000 for each cartridge as theyd have to "make" them as theyre no longer available new.. I ended up getting my hands on an original set of cartridges(which cost me a small fortune), and copied their bin files, which I then program to old USA cartridges, turning them into aussie ones. Even the holden dealers cant get these cartridges new any more.
Thanks for the info mate. That was the one thing I was worrying about.. buying a USA unit and then not having an Aussie cartridge/Holden cartridge to go into it!. But thats great work! Good to see someone can convert them.

Well, a USA unit it is then.. at $75 postage.. its not tooooo bad..compared to the price of the unit.

Currently at the moment on fleabay (US site), there is only a couple units both over $900 *sigh*.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Yeah, in the USA , as well as single vehicle cartridges, they also used a cartridge called a MSC (Mass Storage Cartridge), and instead of using a single cartridge for each vehicle like we do here, they can just download each vehicle program to the MSC via TIS2WEB. The aussie software was never available for download via TIS, but ive been looking for a way to get all the aussie tech1 cartridges (VN/VP/VR/VS) programmed to one single MSC.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Yeah, in the USA , as well as single vehicle cartridges, they also used a cartridge called a MSC (Mass Storage Cartridge), and instead of using a single cartridge for each vehicle like we do here, they can just download each vehicle program to the MSC via TIS2WEB. The aussie software was never available for download via TIS, but ive been looking for a way to get all the aussie tech1 cartridges (VN/VP/VR/VS) programmed to one single MSC.
Ahhh, I see. Guess you'd need to inspect how the MSC file dump stores each of the vehicles.. Or even attempt to find the end and starting of each vehicle configuration and try overwriting it with a Holden one eg VR and see if that works. But yeah, it would be good having it all together!

vxcalaisl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais 2010
hi there l would like to buy one of the holden card what version is it??/

chewnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT,VN,VE
Would i need TIS approval for Reprograming vt,vy,ve dash clusters for such things as from Auto to manual , v6 to v8 ,(vt/vx 2 airbag to 4 airbag)

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Would i need TIS approval for Reprograming vt,vy,ve dash clusters for such things as from Auto to manual , v6 to v8 ,(vt/vx 2 airbag to 4 airbag)

No. Tech2 can do that on its own. TIS is mostly for ECU work, and ECU-BCM linking.

chewnoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT,VN,VE
awesome that will save me $120 per vist to holden then . thanks for the reply mate

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

joel3107

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Supercharge
Bret_JJJ, Where can i get that scantool and the card for my VY 2003??