Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 - Programming (2022)

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
I looked at the link. Says No software?
If no software how does it work?
Software is easy to obtain from acdelco/gm. I personally wouldnt trust the stuff that comes with the device. Likely be the same as the vxdiag software that is outdated and full of viruses

nielolee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hi Rupey,

I will pm you the link of what I ordered.

The mdi2 clones are just a normal mdi in the mdi2 shell, they do nothing different.

After a bit of messing around I have got mine working on windows 11.

I am happy to help you along. I have kept copies off all the installers i used also.

I have to use techline connect for programming, but everything else can be done offline
Can you confirm if you can actually carry out Programming using Techline Connect, have you tried this and did it work?

nielolee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Can you confirm if you can actually carry out Programming using Techline Connect, have you tried this and did it work?
If you are using legitimate software and paying for the subscriptions clone tools work fine, most issues occur when people try and use cracked software

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Yes I can confirm that I can program via techline connect.

The only thing i did with the device first was a clean install of the firmware on the device via the GM Mdi manager, just incase the firmware from china is not 100 percent

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
If you have any patched or cracked software on your system when you install techline connect it removes it and installs the latest version of the software

Reactions: Lex

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Couple of pictures if you guys are unsure, programming a new iq unit to my car today using the clone device i purchased
20231126_125429.jpg
received_1299671414073164.jpeg
received_1283685852270060.jpeg

Reactions: Lex