Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 - Programming (2022)

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Reading through this if anyone buys a tech2 clone MDI or MDI2 and wants to know how to get TIS approval easily on tech2win just send me a message. I actually have a video on youtube showing it in action (link is below)
This is for the MDI & MDI2 clones or genuine not for rubbish like the VCX Nano tech.
Linking, keys, remotes everything can be done and you can also use the MDI & MDI2 on AcdelcoTDS SPS2 to reprogram/update modules if you purchase VIN access per vehicle which is $61 per VIN
G'day mate, I'm interested in maybe getting a MDI and wanted to watch your YouTube video but its not working and I can't seem to message you

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
I have just gone through this whole process and can offer advise if needed.

1st thing to get underway is a mdi clone. I got one from aliexpress. Was not the cheapest on offer but had the most units sold. Works perfect, even updates with genuine firmware

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I have just gone through this whole process and can offer advise if needed.

1st thing to get underway is a mdi clone. I got one from aliexpress. Was not the cheapest on offer but had the most units sold. Works perfect, even updates with genuine firmware
Thanks, would you have a link to what you ordered, if not that's fine I'll have a search myself.. anything in particular I should look for such as any software included or any extra leads I may need?
Or just get a MDI2..
Will it work ok with windows 10 or 11?
Cheers.

WitiTune

Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Senator
Thanks, would you have a link to what you ordered, if not that's fine I'll have a search myself.. anything in particular I should look for such as any software included or any extra leads I may need?
Or just get a MDI2..
Will it work ok with windows 10 or 11?
Cheers.
Hi Rupey,

I will pm you the link of what I ordered.

The mdi2 clones are just a normal mdi in the mdi2 shell, they do nothing different.

After a bit of messing around I have got mine working on windows 11.

I am happy to help you along. I have kept copies off all the installers i used also.

I have to use techline connect for programming, but everything else can be done offline

Rupey

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Hi Rupey,

I will pm you the link of what I ordered.

The mdi2 clones are just a normal mdi in the mdi2 shell, they do nothing different.

After a bit of messing around I have got mine working on windows 11.

I am happy to help you along. I have kept copies off all the installers i used also.

I have to use techline connect for programming, but everything else can be done offline
Yes, I cant work out how to message members directly either

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon