Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 - Programming (2022)

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Hi Team,

I have a problem with BCM/PIM/PCM communication with a VY. I am unsure if the issue is key related or code related. I need would like to try and relink the modules and need authority to proceed.

I have cracked Global TIS2000 downloaded that I can link to the Tech 2; however, I can't get the SPS function to work (access denied). I expect it is related to needing the Holden or Vauxhall version to interface correctly. I have searched the net to no avail. Three questions:

1. Am I on the mark with my understanding of requiring the appropriate TIS for this to work?
2. If so, is anyone able to share, or provide a link to, an appropriate cracked TIS software IOS/download to allow programming?
3. If not, can anyone advise if there is an appropriate subscription from AC Delco is to enable programming in this day and age?

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I engaged AC Delco on this issue and they advised that I needed a subscription to Tech2Win. I took their advice and signed up for a Tech2Win subscription at $75 for three days. Downloaded the software (pretty easily) and accessed the program through the website. I clicked the support tab and security button as advised. I could see the laptop communication with the Tech 2; however, at this point I receive the message E4507: System Internal Error ! I have searched the web and can find no reference to the error code.

I have tried all of the system setting combinations available and matched them to the device manager settings and used the limited options outlined on the web and received the same results. The laptop I am using meets all of the requirements outlined on the AC Delco site plus some. The USB to serial connector has successfully been used with TIS2000 Global on a Windows 7 computer (with a different driver) as a passthrough (can control the Tech 2 and vice versa from the laptop). I could not access any programming functionality in TIS2000 (as outlined in the previous post).

The Tech2 is a clone so potentially there is a security feature that is stopping the link. Has anyone else come up with this problem or understand what the code means?

Three day pass was taken out yesterday (Thursday afternoon) so I had last night to get it up and running and today and the weekend to resolve the issue. I reached out to AC Delco overnight and received no support. I reached out to GM Service Info this morning but I am not expecting a solution (perhaps I will be surprised).

Thank you in advance for your support and consideration.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I received a call from Holden late Friday afternoon - one of their techs chatted with me for 1/2 hour. He was very helpful and thorough. He expects that the issue with Tech2Win is that the Tech2 is a clone. There are some wiring differences that make them not communicate. They have given me another 72 hours starting at the completion of the current subscription and also authorised me to take the Tech 2 into on of the two local Holden authorised repairers in Canberra and have them authorise the Tech 2 if they can. I have one of my sons working this angle for me.

He also mentioned that the USB to Serial connector could be the issue. They have problems with Tech2Win on computers running more than Windows 7. He advised that the Keyspan is known to work and that is what they use.

The tech advised that if I can get a cracked copy of TIS2000 to work on XP we should also be in business as it is only required for authorisation. As we aren't updating ECUs there is no requirement to have the correct bin files.

So a huge tick in the box for Holden Customer Care! They were quick to respond and provided quality advice.

Last night I reloaded XP, TIS2000 Global and the crack key. I also found a driver to run the JayCar purchased USB to Serial connector (if I get it running properly I will post the driver details). I could get the Tech 2 interface working but could not get the SPS side of the house to load up (the error was based on not having an LTP to enable the dongle)

I was looking at configurations etc and found a radio button to enable Java (somewhere in there) and SPS Programming came alive. Checked the authorisation and the program indicated that it was running.

Based on my previous experience I wasn't jumping for joy, but I was feeling quite optimistic. I was able to go through the system and access all sorts of updates for North American and Saturn vehicles. As I didn't need to update I headed up the shed at midnight with the Tech 2 and laptop.

I was able to communicate with the vehicle using the laptop and Tech 2. When I went to link the PCM it failed stating I needed TIS authorisation. WTF?

I tried to program a key and it still required the BCM security code (that I don't have).

So what am I missing here? As I can access the SPS side of TIS 2000 I expect that I have authorisation (the dongle crack) so why, or better still how, do I provide TIS authorisation to the Tech 2. Is there a step that I need to do that I am missing? Do I need the Holden or Vauxhall bin files to be loaded into TIS2000?

If you have the Holden/Vauxhall bin files would you be happy to share them (can provide beer tokens or beers in return).

If you need I can take a video of the process that is failing so you can see in pictures what I am trying to describe so that you can see what steps I am missing.

So if you have some experience programming keys, linking PCMs etc using a clone Tech 2 and a cracked TIS2000 I would love to hear from you.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
So after bunch of digging about on the web I found that what I need is SAAB Global TIS as it has the security link built in as a button. The North America/Saturn version of TIS2000 requires the VIN to match a database of some sort (I think). As my VIN isn't there, even though I cracked the software it won't allow programming.

I downloaded Global TIS and followed the directions very closely. The crack worked and I can load it up and access the security button. Unfortunately it won't communicate with the Tech 2.

I'm trying to resolve that now. TIS 2000 North America works fine so it isn't the Tech 2, the cabling or the driver. Tech 2 View on TIS 2000 works but it doesn't on Global TIS so not sure how the same program by the same company doesn't communicate. I have dug into the web and this seems to be reasonably common (no solutions though).

I'm thinking that perhaps I can link Global TiS to tech 2 win so I can use a virtual Tech 2. If I do so - what do I use as the interface - Chinese MDI? If so what one? Is anyone doing this? If so I would love to have a chat.

Cheers n beers
Jolls

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
So after bunch of digging about on the web I found that what I need is SAAB Global TIS as it has the security link built in as a button. The North America/Saturn version of TIS2000 requires the VIN to match a database of some sort (I think). As my VIN isn't there, even though I cracked the software it won't allow programming.

I downloaded Global TIS and followed the directions very closely. The crack worked and I can load it up and access the security button. Unfortunately it won't communicate with the Tech 2.

I'm trying to resolve that now. TIS 2000 North America works fine so it isn't the Tech 2, the cabling or the driver. Tech 2 View on TIS 2000 works but it doesn't on Global TIS so not sure how the same program by the same company doesn't communicate. I have dug into the web and this seems to be reasonably common (no solutions though).

I'm thinking that perhaps I can link Global TiS to tech 2 win so I can use a virtual Tech 2. If I do so - what do I use as the interface - Chinese MDI? If so what one? Is anyone doing this? If so I would love to have a chat.

Cheers n beers
Jolls
Wasn't @Coolschool (wrong spelling) mention mdi or something about it?

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
Wasn't @Coolschool (wrong spelling) mention mdi or something about it?
Yeah, Chinese clone I believe. Looking for something similar

Decksta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S, VZ Adentura, JH II Cruze, VL Wag ned2sell
So Jolls any update on this? I went down this path a few years ago with no success, ended up at about the same point where you needed to match vin with north America and would not work this is where I gave up.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I was not able to get the tech 2 (clone) to talk to the TIS2000 download using tech2win. Could get each side to communicate but not with each other. I tried using the ACDelco authorisation with Holden's assistance and nothing worked there either. Took it into Holden so they could authorise it using their software after purchasing a license too. That failed - probably recognised it as a clone.

I priced up a clone MIDI (being used successfully by others) but in the end opted to purchase a Vident scanner. So I use the Tech 2 for the detailed work and the Vident if I need to link something.

Lost hours of my life trying to work through it. Sometimes the juice just isn't worth the squeeze!

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
What is it that you need to do?

The Vident is reasonably cheap and does the job if you need to link modules. I ended up with the higher end version as it does up to 70 vehicles and I can use it in my business - but if you just need it for one vehicle it is a great little bi-directional scanner for the price.

I think Topdon do something similar. If you search the site you can find a few links.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls