Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tech 2 programming proceedures.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
What makes me laugh is how useless some people are the tech 2 starts at 1997 and the tech 1 is for the previous stuff why didn't they make the tech 2 with tech 1 capabilities on one that's just as bad as having aldl and obd2 why didn't they make it as one things would have been so much easier

runamuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt supercharged
hi guys
im trying to do the Fuel gauge calibration on my 75lt tank vt with tech 2
had a new pump put in and holden say 1 in 8 need to have Fuel gauge calibrated
i found it in my tech 2 but not sure what the codes are
help please

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
a question for the Tech 2 owners.. can the unit disable the engine going into safety mode. i have been having endless problems with my car going into safety mode from error 2138 accelerator pedal position sensor.. car has been to many mech. now to $1000 in parts and stil getting the same error 2122. car seems to run fine. just gets a small loss of power.. like fuel starving. for about a second.. then car goes to safety mode.. sometimes it does this a few times a week.. sometime nothing. the car is a 07 VE SV6 sedan.. car been to holden many times they cant seem to fix it. i asked them can the tech 2 disable the safety mode.. they didnt say it couldnt.. just said its a safety feature.. i was going to buy a tech 2 to disable safety mode. but i wanted to ask ppl who have the unit. and can tell me yes or no it can disable the motor from going to safety mode..

thanks in advance

Last edited:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
a question for the Tech 2 owners.. can the unit disable the engine going into safety mode. i have been having endless problems with my car going into safety mode from error 2138 accelerator pedal position sensor.. car has been to many mech. now to $1000 in parts and stil getting the same error 2138. car seems to run fine. just gets a small loss of power.. like fuel starving. for about a second.. then car goes to safety mode.. sometimes it does this a few times a week.. sometime nothing. the car is a 07 VE SV6 sedan.. car been to holden many times they cant seem to fix it. i asked them can the tech 2 disable the safety mode.. they didnt say it couldnt.. just said its a safety feature.. i was going to buy a tech 2 to disable safety mode. but i wanted to ask ppl who have the unit. and can tell me yes or no it can disable the motor from going to safety mode..

thanks in advance

I know this sounds stupid but I have to ask, has the mechanic replaced the accelerator pedal?

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
a question for the Tech 2 owners.. can the unit disable the engine going into safety mode. i have been having endless problems with my car going into safety mode from error 2138 accelerator pedal position sensor.. car has been to many mech. now to $1000 in parts and stil getting the same error 2138. car seems to run fine. just gets a small loss of power.. like fuel starving. for about a second.. then car goes to safety mode.. sometimes it does this a few times a week.. sometime nothing. the car is a 07 VE SV6 sedan.. car been to holden many times they cant seem to fix it. i asked them can the tech 2 disable the safety mode.. they didnt say it couldnt.. just said its a safety feature.. i was going to buy a tech 2 to disable safety mode. but i wanted to ask ppl who have the unit. and can tell me yes or no it can disable the motor from going to safety mode..

thanks in advance

I own a tech 2 and have never come across safety mode.
I am guessing the Mech has changed the APP sensor?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

thanks in advance

Sounds like a break in one of the wires to the APP.

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
its got new accelerator pedal and i would think the APP has been checked

PeterRussi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Cab Chassis
I know this one was a long time ago but have a possibility on the selection of fuel calibration. For those of you with a Tech Two when you select the serie1 or series two car at the very start that may dictate how the gauge is calibrated once you get to that menu and select the type of vehicle you are programming, it may be that simple.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi Guys, im wanted to get some shutdown text on my VZ cluster but leave the Holden logo on start up and everything else as it is, can anyone assist? Picture is below of what Im wanting to do