Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Terms and Rules vs Forum Rules

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As Scotty would say “your logic is bloody daft Mr Spock, that’s no what it says”

Logic is logic, Dirk. No need to create a second account, unless for nefarious reasons...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Logic is logic, Dirk. No need to create a second account, unless for nefarious reasons...
I didn’t say there was a need for two accounts?
I’m saying the penalty for two accounts is clear, as will become many things once you read the Forum Rules.
Good advice really if you are prone to squealing about member behaviour, you know, to read the rules and penalties before calling to permanently ban per what you deem appropriate, without basis according tenets of the Forum Rules.
No need to be hysterical at all, poor form in a civilised member community of mutual respect.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Good advice really if you are prone to squealing about member behaviour, you know, to read the rules and penalties before calling to permanently ban per what you deem appropriate, without basis according tenets of the Forum Rules.
Bloody hysterical, poor form in a civilised member community.

Ok Dirk, you were abusing a new member, and I reported you, only once.
The mods obviously thought it was enough for a ban, but one of your 'mod friends' told you who reported you....
You're correct in that I haven't reviewed all the rules, but I don't go out to push them, like some others...

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Ok Dirk, you were abusing a new member, and I reported you, only once.
The mods obviously thought it was enough for a ban, but one of your 'mod friends' told you who reported you....
You're correct in that I haven't reviewed all the rules, but I don't go out to push them, like some others...
You may claim ignorance for not knowing the member and I were friends, both scots background used to a different level and type of banter than those with thinner skins and sensibilities. There was no ill-feeling, only you were offended.
However this past half century I’ve had my share of incursions with rules and regulations regarding social behaviour, suffice it to say in my experience calling for someone’s head without first knowing the rules of engagement is poor form.
Best read up and I’ll bury the hatchet OK.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Thought I might as well share this here.
So after reading the "Forum Rules" again, these two particular sentences under the sub heading "Infraction System" really stand out :
"Any infractions you receive are final and can be viewed in your profile screen.
These point structures are a guide only, no Just Commodores moderator or Admin has to follow these guidelines, it is at their own discretion"

It's self explanatory, if you're out of line the severity of your reprimand is entirely up to the admin/mod.
Some people need get over the decisions made by the admins/mods and just move on

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I can't see my infractions. I've had two posts deleted over the last year. Maybe I wasn't naughty enough??

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I can't see my infractions. I've had two posts deleted over the last year. Maybe I wasn't naughty enough??

I've had 1 minor infraction in 2015 with a 1 point accrued penalty......I could always see it in my personal profile, under Infractions.
I was on holidays from mid October to mid December 2016 with no forum access and whilst I was away the forum had a change of layout/design
After that layout/design change the "Infractions" section isn't in my personal profile anymore, and I didn't bother asking where it went to cause it's not like I actually want to accrue anymore infraction points :p

I have also had 1 pic removed by a mod without an infraction, I reckon your 2 deleted posts weren't regarded as being "out of line" enough to warrant an infraction.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Posts may be deleted without incuring a warning/infraction. Most common scenario is when a thread is completely derailed and/or some rule is broken where we may remove a whole section of replies to get things back on topic and remove the offending material and anything subsequent to it.

Threads that contain or get waylaid into religion, politics or climate change are generally a recipy for diseaster...

I've had 1 minor infraction in 2015 with a 1 point accrued penalty......I could always see it in my personal profile, under Infractions.
I was on holidays from mid October to mid December 2016 with no forum access and whilst I was away the forum had a change of layout/design
After that layout/design change the "Infractions" section isn't in my personal profile anymore, and I didn't bother asking where it went to cause it's not like I actually want to accrue anymore infraction points :p

It's still there, I can see it and you should be able to as well, just click on your username and bring up the full profile page.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
It's still there, I can see it and you should be able to as well, just click on your username and bring up the full profile page.

Just double checked again and it's definitely not there in the column of sub headings on the left
Maybe only the admin & mods can see it now ?
Anyway, doesn't matter....I don't want to be accumulating anymore anyway :)