Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Terms and Rules vs Forum Rules

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Who is this ?
@Tryg - OK his rank is AU Royal Naval - Chief Petty Officer which the equivalent of colour sergeant in the Royal Marines, staff sergeant in the Army, and flight sergeant in the Royal Air Force.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Goodo. You missed the point, Terms and Rules has nothing to do with Forum Rules either at registration or otherwise in plain view.
At registration on a mobile device you agree to Terms and Rules as defined, there is no mention of the more draconian Forum Rules. You can't possibly know that or it's importance before you agree to Terms and Rules in exchange for membership privilege.

Forum rules can be found at the same link, it's the last item on the list.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/help/forum-rules/

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
What are the draconian rules you mentioned monster?
Mate, this is a thread about Forum rules within the Site Suggestion section for @Darren highlighting among other things being held responsible for not adhering to the Forum Rules when they are relatively hidden and unknown to members, even long standing members like yourself.
I am happy to discuss the Forum Rules particularly the more draconian ones, in a private conversation but to pull divide and discuss elements of that holy document on this thread does dilute the points being made above.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Forum rules can be found at the same link, it's the last item on the list.
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/help/forum-rules/
Thanks, but that is not the same link as presented at registration or at the bottom right of the footer else you missed the point. I agree that should be the promoted link address but it isn't. As I said access to that hierarchy does not appear for members registering using a mobile device, and as evidenced by @losh1971 even long time members have no idea where to find it once privilege is granted.
This confusion seems unfair, as played out in the circumstance surrounding @Tryg called out for a) retaliating with member abuse; and b) having a second account. The Forum Rules are clear on both, however the Forum Rules are not promoted as readily available / part and parcel to the member agreement of all members, and those Forum Rules are not necessarily applied to a member favoured as long standing.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
@Tryg - OK his rank is AU Royal Naval - Chief Petty Officer which the equivalent of colour sergeant in the Royal Marines, staff sergeant in the Army, and flight sergeant in the Royal Air Force.

Thanks....I obviously missed something there....did not know he was banned.....didn't see any dubious posts from him either.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
As a short term solution I have re-posted the Forum Rules at the top of this section.

I will speak with Darren as to how we can make access easier/clearer for all members regardless of the device been used to acces the forum.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
As a short term solution I have re-posted the Forum Rules at the top of this section.

I will speak with Darren as to how we can make access easier/clearer for all members regardless of the device been used to acces the forum.
Thanks, that's truly great from an information design perspective. However the intrinsic issue is that the forum has lost @Tryg who is genuinely passionate about Just Commodores yet had no idea he was doing wrong or overstepping the mark. A) by exchanging remarks with a seasoned thread protagonist who knows all the rules and conditions of engagement; B) signing up as conveniently promoted - without instruction - by utilising a FaceBook account as an alternative login.
Bottom line no quarter given to a decent bloke who demonstrated nothing but support and praise for JC community and the Commodore.
@Darren I respectfully request further consideration in light of the confusing circumstance that the ban be rescinded in favour of reasonable infraction points in the interest of fairness and goodwill.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Monstar....how many accounts have you had and been banned on? Just asking for a friend.

Also, can you let it go that alternate points of views to yours, arent trolling? Do you seriously think sitting there and labelling anybody with an alternate opinion or outlook to yours as a troll does you any favours?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Monstar....how many accounts have you had and been banned on? Just asking for a friend.

Also, can you let it go that alternate points of views to yours, arent trolling? Do you seriously think sitting there and labelling anybody with an alternate opinion or outlook to yours as a troll does you any favours?
Ask your mod friend(s), else mind your own eh, stirring the crap out of decent members passionate about their Australian built Commodore just makes you more unpopular.
Oh and should you feel abusive again use the shoutbox, that's partly what it's there for not the main forum.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Ask your mod friend(s), else mind your own eh, stirring the crap out of decent members passionate about their Australian built Commodore just makes you more unpopular.

Which decent members would those be? The ones who use personal attacks and insults in absence of anything intellectual to say? Or the ones who multi account? Also, as far as "mod friend(s)" go, the rules apply just as much for myself as they do anybody else so your vindictive notion and hatred towards a certain group of people because you deem them to be part of some "club" that you dont feel you belong to is pretty misguided to say the least.