Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

the 4.9 second challenge

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
have updated for you feistl. i assume your engine is currently stock? im not sure how the vortechs go in terms of acceleration, might be a little slow off the line, but should still see a decent time if you get it all done right.

:p. Wasnt expecting to be put on the list, now i really have to get my ass into gear :p.

Engine itself is stock, rest of the car has been worked. Ive been trying to get the car ready to handle the power (Eg brakes, suspension, wheels, clutch, exhaust, intake, cooling etc). Now that the car can handle it, i can start prepping the engine for a supercharger.

Oh, and best time btw is 7.9s :embarrass

the problem with the manual trans and buick V6 with 3.45 gears is that you run out of puff in 2nd gear before you make 60mph which means you need to get 3rd gear which costs you a bit of time without power going to the rear wheels. you really need to rev it out over 5500rpm and the buick just doesn't make any power here unless it's cammed with decent heads on it. the autos don't ahve this issue

Yeah ive noticed this problem with mine, just cant quiet hit 100 without changing into 3rd which costs time.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'll get something for you tomorrow and post it up:thumbsup:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
lol i rekon ive gone backwards to 60 mph:p
cannot get traction in first or second till about 70 km/h.... slicks could be needed:p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
nope his is auto with a corvette servo. although i know he has a V6 T5 box sitting around just waiting to go in when he gets around to it.

It's still a auto, but it wont run 5.3/5.4 anymore since I took the sludged out (insulated) manifold off

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
You should let me enter the VK, im sure with a bit of work i can get it to 4.9kmh in 60 minutes. Oh wait its the other way round :( Funnily enough i think the VK would get their in under 25 seconds lol can i join the challenge...
Future Mods,
Sweet FA due to stupid P-plate laws haha.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well, because atm i only know my cars weight and rwhp i used a bunch of different estimators/calculators - a 1/4 mile one first to convert with another estimator into 1/8 mile specs then putting the et and mph into the 0-60mph estimator it comes back saying my car should do 0-60mph in 4.18 secs apparently....ill have to find a g-tech and try one night :whistling

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
using those calculators I got a result of 4.25, thats with a weight of 1670kg and a hp of 220 (guestimate). The calculated qtr time was 14.9 and a 1/8 was 9.54. Are these calculators right?

yeah, must be out, it says i do it in 6.27s (based on my 1/8th mile Gtech results) when i do it in 6.827s on the Gtech:cry: maybe thats what i'll get if i get some decent traction:yeah: i've noticed since i've got new shocks in the front and near new shocks in the rear it doesn't spin as much. i may just have to go and have another run on the Gtech and see if i can drop another few tenths of my 0-60mph time. i wonder what a 50hp shot of nitrous will do for my times:whistling

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Mine has allways ran identical times from track 1/8th mile converted to 60 mph and gtech 60 mph. Allways identical. I reckon if you put a track 1/8th mile time in there (which will be alot lower in mph than the 1/8th mile the modern gtech gives of course) you will see that's what it runs within a couple percent, it's very accurate. Mack I dunno what drugs you used to get 4.2 :) you need to use a 1/8th mile time slip. The other calculators are for drag cars with ideal gearing etc and pointless for a street car.

Immortality, you will be able to use that calculator to reverse engineer your 1/8th mile ET and gtech 60 mph ET to find out what your track 1/8th mile mph would be (I'd guess about 3mph less than it shows on the gtech)