Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Best Car in the World (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Just because it was made in China doesn't make it crap. They are lots of high quality products that used to be made in Europe, Australia, etc that are now made in China and are still good high quality products. It' doesn't mean that some crap still gets through though.

And the previous version of this car was a good all round drive in my opinion, this one should be too, if it is what does it matter if it's made in China?

Supporting a ####ed ideology is all. About as German as my iPhone is Californian.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Where something is made doesn't determine it's pedigree. A product designed in Germany makes it more German than where it is bolted together.

P plater

the immortal misguided one
Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Ford Falcon Futura wagon/ 1994 VR Exec wagon
My favourite car in the world?
A 1989 EA S pack station wagon
:rip:

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
The real question here is... how the #### did this win best design :doh:
Citroen-C4-Cactus-_2811933k.jpg

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Where something is made doesn't determine it's pedigree. A product designed in Germany makes it more German than where it is bolted together.

I see, like everything in IKEA is Euro and good because it is conceived in a Swedish persons mind, right?
Come on this is just whitewashing crooked wholesale culture fraud, selling equity in your cultural identity for the filthy lucre. No? Then call a spade a gardening tool and just ####en label **** properly - Made in China by a Joint Venture that isn't technically Mercedes like the brand says, majority owned by the People's Liberation Army.
Yeah, truth in labelling.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Supporting a ####ed ideology is all. About as German as my iPhone is Californian.

True, can't deny that.
Build it cheaper in one country then sell it in another country and make a massive profit.

I would personally still prefer a German built German car to one that was made cheaper elsewhere. At least you get back some of your monies worth then.

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Same thing happens in the bike world. Harley have a factory in India, Honda goldwing was made in the US for 30 years and Porsche helped design the nightrod.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Quality of manufacture isn't compromised just because it is made in China. Utilizing inexpensive resources to build something to a standard is smart business.

The CONCEPT is Swedish, the production is Chinese. Ikea never said they are building long lasting quality solid wood furniture. A Mercedes is a Mercedes. It is still built to a standard.

The only thing that makes a Mercedes more expensive in Australia is the taxes and duties on it, if you removed those, it would be cheaper than a Commodore.

SaUte

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV ute
Aren't a lot of commodore bits made in Mexico ?

Status
Not open for further replies.